Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Tim's August Tag

Tim's August Tag by HikerCynthia
Tim's August Tag, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
OK, I know I say this every single month...but Tim Holtz's Tags are just SO MUCH FUN to make!!

I think part of the excitement for me is that I never have the supplies Tim uses so I have to go all MacGyver on my tag! =D

Sooooo....this is what I did for August's Tag:

I die cut two Spellbinders labels at the same time to get a kind of frame. I used black cardstock, then smooshed it into an embossing pad and sprinkled/heated clear embossing powder.

The silhouette is chipboard from Maya Road. I just colored it with black acrylic paint.

I used a Frame-Its from Stamp On It along with an embossing folder from Cuttlebug to get the clear space in the middle of the manilla tag and the embossed pattern on the rest of the tag. I brushed the raised areas with more acrylic paint and then distressed the heck out of the tag with brown Distress Inks and a paper distresser.  I used another Spellbinders label die cut to cut the end off the tag.

I drenched two paper flowers with Distress Stains to make them look like dried, pressed roses. I die cut the leaves and distressed them with more brown Distress Ink.

I also drenched some seam binding with Distress Stains and crinkled it before drying.

I adhered all that and misted it with Biscotti Perfect Pearls Mist.

For my little attachments...I re-purposed a decorative paperclip, adding a punched circle of Graphic 45 paper and sealing it with Glossy Accents. I added a heart paperclip and some pearls from a re-purposed necklace. And then I picked "magical" from Tim's Chit Chat stickers.

Whew! Got all that?? =D

This makes me think of a young girl, in 1845, going to her first dance and coming home to make a tag from the roses in her corsage so she'll never forget her magical evening.

OK, so maybe I have an over-active imagination.

Maybe.

;-)

~Cynthia

11 comments:

anna christensen crafts said...

Cynthia, I love your tag and I like your imagination too. We share a few things in common here, I never have half the supplies (that's part of the fun - Tim challenges our brains) and I often weave stories in my head for my creations xx

Unknown said...

Really beautiful! Love your flower on this tag - it looks so real!

Belinda Basson said...

I too am the Mac Guyver expert in crafting...especially when it comes to Tim and his tags...

Carolyn Dube said...

We need to get you the theme music from MacGyver so it can play as we read your Tim Holtz tag posts! I love that you search out alternatives- it adds your hand to it in such a great way!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful take on the August tag - love your improvisions!

Alison said...

Great version of tim's tag cynthia x

Sonia said...

Very pretty Cynthia, and I love your over-active imagination...just perfect!!

Julie S said...

LOL. I always have to go MacGyver too! Your tag is lovely and I can totally see her putting this tag in her scrapbook after the dance, too. :)

Seahorse Ranch Girl said...

Macgyver, indeed! Isn't that a big part of the fun with Tim? Plus he goes into SUCH effort, like making his own flowers...well, I'm not opposed to a shortcut. Your tag is fun, fun, fun. And thank you for your nice comment on my skelly tag.

EmeralDQueen said...

Very nice :)

Bonnie said...

I love your imagination! That's probably what a young girl would have done. Now she would probably just toss it away and lose the beautiful memory! It's a lovely tag. I love all the details especially the silhouette and the flower.