So this week's One Layer Wednesday Challenge is to be inspired by Susan Raihala's Pinterest board and create a Clean And Simple card.
I saw this pin...
... and not only do I want this on my wall, I also made a card based on the design.
Of course, since I put layers on my card, it no longer meets the OLW/CAS criteria, but I like it anyway. =D
Super simple too. Yay.
I cut up that little strip you sometimes get on the bottom of designer paper--this one's from American Craft, Peachy Keen collection.
Then I distressed it with brown Distress Inks. When that was dry, I stamped the sentiment on it with black Archival Ink. When *that* was dry, I distressed the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
Then I adhered the little strips.
See? Told ya it was easy peasy!
The hardest part was sitting around waiting for the ink to dry. Heh heh!
Supplies:
Paper: The Paper Studio (kraft card blank); American Craft (Peachy Keen)
Stamp: Endless Creations (birthday sentiment)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs, Walnut Stain); Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
ETC: Glue Glider Pro
Happy Friday to you and have a wonderful weekend!! Craft On!! ;-)
~Cynthia
I saw this pin...
... and not only do I want this on my wall, I also made a card based on the design.
Of course, since I put layers on my card, it no longer meets the OLW/CAS criteria, but I like it anyway. =D
Super simple too. Yay.
I cut up that little strip you sometimes get on the bottom of designer paper--this one's from American Craft, Peachy Keen collection.
Then I distressed it with brown Distress Inks. When that was dry, I stamped the sentiment on it with black Archival Ink. When *that* was dry, I distressed the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
Then I adhered the little strips.
See? Told ya it was easy peasy!
The hardest part was sitting around waiting for the ink to dry. Heh heh!
Supplies:
Paper: The Paper Studio (kraft card blank); American Craft (Peachy Keen)
Stamp: Endless Creations (birthday sentiment)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs, Walnut Stain); Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
ETC: Glue Glider Pro
Happy Friday to you and have a wonderful weekend!! Craft On!! ;-)
~Cynthia


3 comments:
Hi Cynthia
You have time to sit and watch ink dry!!! I'm sure you didn't .. .. you will have been beavering away at something else whilst it happened in the background (didn't you?!?!?). LOL!!!
Loving the finished look.
The distressing and subtle brown shades are gorgeous.
You could add this into the snippet playground. Miss Di would be impressed with you using up the strip from the bottom of the designer paper!!
You can find her here if you fancy playing along. You will find lots of lovely new playmates there.
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/pixies-crafty-snippets-challenge-31.html
Hope you are having a good weekend.
Love Jules xx
You did a great job of waiting, Cynthia. I usually get in too big a hurry and smudge somewhere. How clever to use that strip from the DP and it's beautifully distressed. Love all the neutrals too.
I'll take that on my wall too! Love how you translated it to the card- even if it is more than one layer!
Post a Comment