Tuesday, August 7, 2012

December Daily...and so it begins

One of the biggest lessons I learned from participating in Ali Edwards' December Daily project my first year was to START EARLY and get everything finished before December even started. This past year I had my Dec Daily album DONE in July.

So I'm just a tad late this year. ;-) But it's DONE.

I managed to get to Hobby Lobby yesterday (it's kind of far from my house so I don't go there often) and found an Echo Park Christmas paper pack that was perfect! I love the vintage colors!

I have a stash of 8x8 albums that I've been using for various projects, including Dec Daily. I love the smaller size. This one's from SEI.

I use my Dec Daily as an Advent Daily, so mine runs from December 2nd to the 25th this year. I added more pages at the end so I can finish the year in this album.

The Echo Park pack includes stickers and letter stickers, journaling pieces and a whole page of super large numbers. I used a circle punch for the numbers for each day.

Along the bottom of each page--where the Echo Park name is--there's a small tag that has a sprig of holly and a script-font Merry Christmas. I cut each of those off (while watching the Olympics!) and adhered them to the bottom of each page. Love the cohesion that creates!

Now my only problem will be remembering in December where I put the album in August!!! =D



Are you participating in December Daily or some other kind of Christmas album this year??

~Cynthia

No comments: