The challenge this month over on the Inspiration Emporium blog site is to GO FLY A KITE.
Seriously.
Can it get any cooler than that??
You NEED to check out the design team's creations.
Awesome!!
And here's my take on it!
I cut a simple kite from Kraft Glassine. I figured....a chicken would not have good cutting skills and her kite would be simple.
Just roll with me on that one, OK? ;-)
I stamped the chick on the card blank and also on a piece of white paper. I cut the body and beak out, and adhered it to the stamped image on the card using Pop Dots. I also cut the wing out and glued it to the body.
I cut some simple grass from a snippet of green cardstock.
To finish the card I added twine for my kite string and used Pumice Stone Distress Marker for the eye, adding a bit of glitter with a glitter pen.
Ta da! Chicken with Kite.
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank); Bazzill (green cardstock); snippet of white paper; Kraft Glassine
Stamp: CraftSmart (chicken)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Squeezed Lemonade); Distress Marker (Pumice Stone)
ETC: Spica atyou (glitter pen); We R Memory Keepers (Sew Easy Fancy Floss--baker's twine); EK Success (Pop Dots and Glue Dot); Zig Two-way Glue Stick
****Kelly asked how I made the clouds on yesterday's card. Punch (or cut out) a circle (ovals or scalloped circles are cool too) and place it near the top of the card. Using an ink applicator, gently brush ink across the top of the circle onto the card. Think of the circle as a clock and brush the ink from 10 to 2. Then move the circle to the side and brush more ink on, making sure not to overlap too much. On the next row below, make sure your circle is off-centered from the one on the top row and keep brushing from 10 to 2 on the "clock." Continue until your sky is full! I hope that helps. This wasn't my original idea, so you could probably find something on YouTube or SplitCoast Stampers if you need visual instructions. ;-) ****
Thanks for stopping in! I appreciate your visits!! =D
~Cynthia
Seriously.
Can it get any cooler than that??
You NEED to check out the design team's creations.
Awesome!!
And here's my take on it!
I cut a simple kite from Kraft Glassine. I figured....a chicken would not have good cutting skills and her kite would be simple.
Just roll with me on that one, OK? ;-)
I stamped the chick on the card blank and also on a piece of white paper. I cut the body and beak out, and adhered it to the stamped image on the card using Pop Dots. I also cut the wing out and glued it to the body.
I cut some simple grass from a snippet of green cardstock.
To finish the card I added twine for my kite string and used Pumice Stone Distress Marker for the eye, adding a bit of glitter with a glitter pen.
Ta da! Chicken with Kite.
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank); Bazzill (green cardstock); snippet of white paper; Kraft Glassine
Stamp: CraftSmart (chicken)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Squeezed Lemonade); Distress Marker (Pumice Stone)
ETC: Spica atyou (glitter pen); We R Memory Keepers (Sew Easy Fancy Floss--baker's twine); EK Success (Pop Dots and Glue Dot); Zig Two-way Glue Stick
****Kelly asked how I made the clouds on yesterday's card. Punch (or cut out) a circle (ovals or scalloped circles are cool too) and place it near the top of the card. Using an ink applicator, gently brush ink across the top of the circle onto the card. Think of the circle as a clock and brush the ink from 10 to 2. Then move the circle to the side and brush more ink on, making sure not to overlap too much. On the next row below, make sure your circle is off-centered from the one on the top row and keep brushing from 10 to 2 on the "clock." Continue until your sky is full! I hope that helps. This wasn't my original idea, so you could probably find something on YouTube or SplitCoast Stampers if you need visual instructions. ;-) ****
Thanks for stopping in! I appreciate your visits!! =D
~Cynthia

3 comments:
Cynthia I think that chicken cuts better than I do! She made a wonderful kite! What a fun card! Thanks for the tip on sponging the clouds around the circle. I'd never quite figured that out.
So cute... makes you smile !
What a wonderful and creative card!
[I'm so sorry for your loss. xx]
Post a Comment