Wednesday, August 8, 2012

CASology #5

CASology #5 by HikerCynthia
CASology #5, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
This week's cue word on the CASology challenge is POND.

I had so much fun making this card....perhaps a little *too* much fun! I think I may have over-stepped the Clean And Simple definition a bit.

Oh well. =D

To make this card, I used pretty much every Tim Holtz Distress Ink color ever.

OK, not really. But close.

Very close.

I started by inking up the pond, then I stamped the cattails. I used a punched out circle to make funky, stylized clouds, using the negative of the circle to make the sun.

I stamped the frog on some left over cardstock, then fussy cut him out, adding a bit of ink to give him some color.  Then I popped him up so he wouldn't get lost in the cattails!

I attached the panel to a white card blank.

I hope I don't get fussed at too much on this one for not being really CAS...maybe just frowned at, eh? ;-)



Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank and parts of a card blank)
Stamps: Hero Arts (Nature set--frog); Stampscapes (Cattails)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Squeezed Lemon, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans); Distress Marker (Aged Mahogany)
ETC: Glue Glider Pro; EK Success (Pop Dots)



And that's it for me today. I went hiking this morning, and while I was gone my To Do list somehow GREW! ;-) Better get to it! Thanks so much for stopping in today!


~Cynthia

14 comments:

Bev Gomez said...

Hey Cindy, thanks for your comments girl. I love your artistry too. I like your last weeks one too. very cute.
Hugs, Bev. Please come back and visit often.

Louise van Vuren said...

Just popped over to take a look after you left such lovely comments on my blog and hats off to you...this scene is fab! Love those clouds and the depth of colour in the water. makes me want to jump in!

Louise xx

Ardyth said...

Lovely scene - beautiful, soft colours! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Carol L said...

How cute is that frog perched among all those cat tails! A perfect pond setting indeed!

Melissa said...

SO fun and cute!!! Love your pond scene and I'm so glad you had fun creating this because it makes me smile just looking at it! :) Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Cynthia! I love all your coloring and that cute frog.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful background. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Wow. This is gorgeous and adorable too!

Deanna said...

This is such a lovely scene with that cute frog! Beautiful Creation!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

My "do list" grows by the hour LOL!!

Love your card.

You have made a great little scene and the sky is fab.

Have a great day.

Love Jules xx

Aileen said...

Lovely scene. Love your froggy! x

Kelly Pyron said...

What a great card! I love how you did your clouds? So how did you get this effect? I know you said you used TH ink and punched circles...then what? This is really beautiful and your frog is so cute sitting there in the corner.

Carolyn Dube said...

Your fun shows!! I love the frog!

Susan said...

Cynthia, this is so pretty! I love all your coloring and that cute frog hiding in the bushes!