Thursday, February 16, 2012

Scattered Straw and Tea Dye--who knew??

Goodness, I am so behind on my blogging. The inspiration for this card came from the Less Is More challenge....way back in JANUARY.

So bad. :-o

Anyway, Laney on Laney's Place blog used a color combination I had never thought of before--Scattered Straw and Tea Dye. I LOVED it on her card and wanted to try it out.

I gently rubbed the Scattered Straw Distress Ink on a leftover piece of cardblank. (That's what the odd line on the left side of the panel is all about--I just cut the cardblank up and started playing around!) I kept the ink kind of mottled and then heavily inked the edges.

I stamped the butterfly in Tea Dye, which totally changes the color of that ink--it becomes more rusty orange than tea-colored.

Finally, I stamped the sentiment in Tea Dye too and adhered the butterfly panel on the left side of the cardblank.


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (ivory cardblanks)
Stamps: Stampin Up (birthday stamp); Michael's Dollar Bin (butterfly)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Scattered Straw and Tea Dye)
ETC: Glue Glider Pro


Tuesday I saw this young Bald Eagle in a tree in MY FRONT YARD!  For a youngin' he was HUGE!!  Check out the BEAK!!  WHOA.





~Cynthia

4 comments:

JennL said...

i love that color combination. too cool!

farmhouse-story said...

really beautiful card today, and that
eagle is gorgeous, cythnia:) enjoy your sunday!

Bonnie said...

I love the butterflies and the inks you used! A very classy card! That eagle is amazing. However did you get such a good picture! Awesome!

Carolyn Dube said...

That was in your yard? How COOL!!!! The inks on the card go smashingly together. Love the butterfly - it makes me think of spring which is almost here.