Here (finally!) is a page from my Day In The Life.
I assure you, the rest of the pages are just as exciting as this little number. That's right. I lead an exciting life, filled with things like counting birds for eBird and doing the crossword puzzle (IN INK!) after eating leftover Mexican food.
Woot.
This does give you an idea of how I approached Day In The Life. I checked out some of the blogs fellow DITL'ers posted on Ali Edwards' blog...and I (ahem)...didn't do my mini album quite like anybody else.
I used the same letter stamps for each headline. I specifically stamped them all wonky and messy. I used number stickers (also adhered wonk-ily) for the time. And instead of photos, I added ephemera from my day.
I freely admit I had a totally different idea in my head when I woke up that morning. I think the biggest lesson I learned was to prepare BEFORE I started. I found myself *documenting* the day instead of *living* the day.
And another problem was that I just really didn't have anything going on that day. I was way busier the day before and the day after. Weird.
One cool thing I did was to ink up the tire on my stationary bike and press it on a manilla shipping tag to create skid marks. It represents my workout. :-)
I also adhered the labels off of the shampoo, the body wash, and the cereal I used/ate. I added the newspaper headlines, samples of my makeup, cool quotes I read, the weather map, and bird feathers I found outside. I listed the weather and temperature at certain times during the day and everything I ate.
So for my first go 'round, I think I did OK. I like that there's continuity throughout, but it is a bit boring. I would really love to do this again later...with proper forethought and planning though. ;-)
Thanks for stopping in today!
~Cynthia
I assure you, the rest of the pages are just as exciting as this little number. That's right. I lead an exciting life, filled with things like counting birds for eBird and doing the crossword puzzle (IN INK!) after eating leftover Mexican food.
Woot.
This does give you an idea of how I approached Day In The Life. I checked out some of the blogs fellow DITL'ers posted on Ali Edwards' blog...and I (ahem)...didn't do my mini album quite like anybody else.
I used the same letter stamps for each headline. I specifically stamped them all wonky and messy. I used number stickers (also adhered wonk-ily) for the time. And instead of photos, I added ephemera from my day.
I freely admit I had a totally different idea in my head when I woke up that morning. I think the biggest lesson I learned was to prepare BEFORE I started. I found myself *documenting* the day instead of *living* the day.
And another problem was that I just really didn't have anything going on that day. I was way busier the day before and the day after. Weird.
One cool thing I did was to ink up the tire on my stationary bike and press it on a manilla shipping tag to create skid marks. It represents my workout. :-)
I also adhered the labels off of the shampoo, the body wash, and the cereal I used/ate. I added the newspaper headlines, samples of my makeup, cool quotes I read, the weather map, and bird feathers I found outside. I listed the weather and temperature at certain times during the day and everything I ate.
So for my first go 'round, I think I did OK. I like that there's continuity throughout, but it is a bit boring. I would really love to do this again later...with proper forethought and planning though. ;-)
Thanks for stopping in today!
~Cynthia

3 comments:
This is very intriguing, Cynthia. I have trouble writing a few lines every day. You did so much more. I especially love the pictures of the birds you saw.
What a great project! I really love the inked tire - that is such great evidence of your day!
love the tire trick, cynthia! these look great!
Post a Comment