I had die cut the heart for a previous creation. I thought it would be really cute to make a postage stamp out of the negative heart shape so I used Pinking Shears on the sides to replicate a postage stamp.
What I didn't realize....until after I had adhered it to the front of the card...was that the die cut has a number on it. Which, of course, embossed itself onto the postage stamp.
What to do? What to do??
PEARLS.
Of course! I'll just stick a few pearls on the postage stamp right over the numbers!
Disaster Averted!!
But since the card is white, the heart in the center of the postage stamp didn't really look right.
What to do? What to do??
DIE CUT.
Of course! I'll just die cut the heart again and pop it up with dots.
Disaster Averted!!
But then I stamped the sentiment.
And I didn't quite get a good image. See the H? Kind of sketchy there.
Oh well. Two out of three ain't bad, right?? ;-)
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank); Stash (unknown paper snippet--maybe BoBunny?); GinaK (Pure Luxury white cardstock)
Stamp: Craft Smart (sentiment)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Festive Berries)
ETC: QuicKutz (Heart die cut); Fiskars (Pinking Shears); Recollections (pearls)
Happy Monday! I'm off to get my To Do List done today. I still have a few more Valentine's Day cards to make though. Craft Happy!
~Cynthia
What I didn't realize....until after I had adhered it to the front of the card...was that the die cut has a number on it. Which, of course, embossed itself onto the postage stamp.
What to do? What to do??
PEARLS.
Of course! I'll just stick a few pearls on the postage stamp right over the numbers!
Disaster Averted!!
But since the card is white, the heart in the center of the postage stamp didn't really look right.
What to do? What to do??
DIE CUT.
Of course! I'll just die cut the heart again and pop it up with dots.
Disaster Averted!!
But then I stamped the sentiment.
And I didn't quite get a good image. See the H? Kind of sketchy there.
Oh well. Two out of three ain't bad, right?? ;-)
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank); Stash (unknown paper snippet--maybe BoBunny?); GinaK (Pure Luxury white cardstock)
Stamp: Craft Smart (sentiment)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Festive Berries)
ETC: QuicKutz (Heart die cut); Fiskars (Pinking Shears); Recollections (pearls)
Happy Monday! I'm off to get my To Do List done today. I still have a few more Valentine's Day cards to make though. Craft Happy!
~Cynthia

3 comments:
love how you used the pearls, cynthia! and really the sentiment looks great! have a great week!
Hi Cynthia
I think you have achieved a great finished look.
Love the postage stamp and all its details.
You make me smile with your thought processes!! LOL!!!
Love Jules xx
What a great use of leftovers and I think the sentiment looks just right! Great disaster control!
Post a Comment