Here's another card for this week's Less Is More challenge: Use aqua.
I totally CASE'd host Chrissie's card...although she added a little tag and I didn't. I really love the look of the tone-on-tone!
To create the panel area, I masked off a section then brushed on the ink--Broken China Distress Ink.
I stamped the script from Stampin Up's French Foliage set off the left side of the cardblank. Gosh, I love that set! Every time I see someone using a stamp from it, I have to pull it out again and create something! :-)
Then I stamped the flower image randomly and in an odd number.
To finish the panel look, I scored it after I stamped everything. It looks cool like that, I think! ;-)
Finally I stamped the sentiment using Broken China again.
Simple, quick, fun. I love the color too!
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamps: Stampin Up (French Foliage set); Hero Arts (Birthday Messages set); Stacy Stamps (Floral Minis set)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Broken China)
ETC: ScorBuddy
Ali Edwards is documenting a Day in the Life on Wednesday (the 8th)--anyone else taking up the challenge?? I'm planning on playing along, but I think I'll use only ephemera from the day--not photos. I think that's more of a challenge. ;-) I plan to cut the newspaper headlines out, stick in receipts or business cards, leaves from the yard--stuff like that. Oooo...maybe if it rains, I'll hold a Distress Ink-covered snippet of paper outside and let the rain react with the ink!! Oh, the possibilities!! =D Wanna join in? Head over to Ali's site for all the details and some ideas and inspiration!
~Cynthia
I totally CASE'd host Chrissie's card...although she added a little tag and I didn't. I really love the look of the tone-on-tone!
To create the panel area, I masked off a section then brushed on the ink--Broken China Distress Ink.
I stamped the script from Stampin Up's French Foliage set off the left side of the cardblank. Gosh, I love that set! Every time I see someone using a stamp from it, I have to pull it out again and create something! :-)
Then I stamped the flower image randomly and in an odd number.
To finish the panel look, I scored it after I stamped everything. It looks cool like that, I think! ;-)
Finally I stamped the sentiment using Broken China again.
Simple, quick, fun. I love the color too!
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamps: Stampin Up (French Foliage set); Hero Arts (Birthday Messages set); Stacy Stamps (Floral Minis set)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Broken China)
ETC: ScorBuddy
Ali Edwards is documenting a Day in the Life on Wednesday (the 8th)--anyone else taking up the challenge?? I'm planning on playing along, but I think I'll use only ephemera from the day--not photos. I think that's more of a challenge. ;-) I plan to cut the newspaper headlines out, stick in receipts or business cards, leaves from the yard--stuff like that. Oooo...maybe if it rains, I'll hold a Distress Ink-covered snippet of paper outside and let the rain react with the ink!! Oh, the possibilities!! =D Wanna join in? Head over to Ali's site for all the details and some ideas and inspiration!
~Cynthia

3 comments:
LOVE the color of this sweet card, cynthia! i'm thinking about adding aqua to my great room-i love it so much:)
very creative take on the day in the life challenge! looking forward to seeing it!
I don't think I will ever tire of this technique and layout! Love those daisies.
Now I want rain - just so I can play with the distress inks!!! Very sophisticated and elegant card today!
Post a Comment