So I'm still playing catch-up over here. This card was inspired by Week 54's challenge over on the Less Is More blog. Chrissie had this lovely card--done in greens--that I really loved.
And since the challenge was to use stripes on the card, Chrissie's card had...well...stripes on it.
So I CASE'd her card.
And then I totally could NOT bring myself to add the stripes. I just figured if I continued with this card, adding more stuff, I was FOR SURE going to mess it up. ;-)
And therefore, I give you my stripe-less card!! ;-)
Once again I used Eclipse paper to mask off an area. Then I brushed Rusty Hinge Distress Ink in the square opening, followed by the cute dandelion stamp in Rusty Hinge too.
Then I stamped the sentiment in Rusty Hinge after removing the mask. That's a new stamp for me--I wanted a smaller sentiment with a more formal-type script font. I think this one totally fits the bill! :-)
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamps: Great Impressions (dandelions--G298); Endless Creations (sentiment--B199)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Rusty Hinge)
ETC: Stampland Chicago (Eclipse paper)
Happy Wednesday--we're half-way to the weekend!! Yay!!
~Cynthia
And since the challenge was to use stripes on the card, Chrissie's card had...well...stripes on it.
So I CASE'd her card.
And then I totally could NOT bring myself to add the stripes. I just figured if I continued with this card, adding more stuff, I was FOR SURE going to mess it up. ;-)
And therefore, I give you my stripe-less card!! ;-)
Once again I used Eclipse paper to mask off an area. Then I brushed Rusty Hinge Distress Ink in the square opening, followed by the cute dandelion stamp in Rusty Hinge too.
Then I stamped the sentiment in Rusty Hinge after removing the mask. That's a new stamp for me--I wanted a smaller sentiment with a more formal-type script font. I think this one totally fits the bill! :-)
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamps: Great Impressions (dandelions--G298); Endless Creations (sentiment--B199)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Rusty Hinge)
ETC: Stampland Chicago (Eclipse paper)
Happy Wednesday--we're half-way to the weekend!! Yay!!
~Cynthia

4 comments:
I love Eclipse paper too. Your card is wonderful. Maybe stripes on the next one.
I love this Cynthia! I think it's even better without the stripes. The sentiment does have a wonderful font. I think you'll be using that a lot. I don't know about Eclipse paper???
i'm with you, i'd probably mess up the card with the stripes, and this is too pretty to mess up! have a great week, cynthia:)
Hi Cynthia
I am so pleased that I am not the only one playing catch up!!
I love the finished look of this card. Your image and distressing looks gorgeous.
Hope all is good with you.
Love Jules xx
Post a Comment