Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Birthday Background

Birthday Background by HikerCynthia
Birthday Background, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
I had fun making this one! It's headed to the same 14-year-old nephew that I had trouble making a Valentine's Day for--the one I posted a few days ago.

I love that swirly border stamp on the bottom. It reminds me of those tribal band tattoos. Heh heh.

The other stamp (which is not really clear in the picture) is a seriously cool background stamp from Michael's. They had bunches of them a few years ago, all for under $2. Sometimes cheap Michael's stamps can either be really really good or really really bad. I've noticed the past year or so that the quality of their stamps have improved greatly. These background stamps work wonderfully.

I got some Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink on the edge of the large white panel after I adhered it, so I masked off the card itself and then brushed on more of the ink around the edge of the panel. Looks like I meant to do that! =D

For a final bit of pop, I stamped the birthday sentiment then embossed it with clear embossing powder. It looks kind cool in real life. :-)


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank, white cardstock); Bazzill (blue cardstock)
Stamps: Lost Coast Designs (Swirls); Studio G (Circle Background); Stampabilities (Happy Birthday 01)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot)
ETC: unknown clear embossing powder; Glue Glider Pro; Eclipse Paper (Stampland Chicago--for masking)



It's good to be back blogging again. I haven't had a lot of time to create anything, but I've so enjoyed visiting everyone's blogs. And thanks for your encouraging comments--I love it when you visit!! =D


~Cynthia

3 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

love the stamping on this card, cynthia!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Well I have been missing some gorgeous creations whilst I have been locked in wedding mode.

It was great to see your "day in the life" journal.

I like the sound of your day .. .. mine always starts with clear up the kitchen from the night before!!!!

Your butterfly card was gorgeous. Love the colours .. .. and this one is fabby to.

Love Jules xx

Bonnie said...

Isn't it great when an accidental smudge works out to our advantage? This is a cool card!