Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Windmill Wonders

Windmill Wonders by HikerCynthia
Windmill Wonders, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

OK, I gotta start with this: I AM A DITZ.

See...THIS page is for Shimelle's Sketch of the Week. Yesterday's page was for Shimelle's Starting Points challenge. (Oddly enough, I actually got the right page linked up to the right blog entry on her site!)

*sigh*

And I do so try hard.

Anywho...on to the REAL Sketch Challenge.

I lerve this paper. Big time. It totally looks like it would have some texture, even in real person, but it's totally smooth!

Then I layered a bunch o' stuff on it, including the Color Wash spray border thing. I think it needs more stuff and I might add things later, but I came to a Stopping Point. You know? When you are DONE because nothing else is popping into your head?? Yeah, I was there. :-)

I took the picture years ago in a small town in South Carolina. A friend of mine moved there and I mentioned wanting to get some black and white or sepia shots of a windmill and my friend said there was one not far from his new house! So I totally trespassed and got some great shots, most of which are hanging on my walls. :-)


Supplies:
Paper: Creative Imaginations (John Deere barn siding); Graphic 45 (Botanicabella Collection--Summer Sonata); Stampin Up (newsprint collection)
Ink: Ranger (Adirondack Color Wash--Espresso); Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Tea Dye, Vintage Photo); Ranger (Adirondack Paint Dabber--Espresso); Tim Holtz (Silver Additive alcohol ink)
ETC: Cuttlebug (Scribble Flower die cut); Sizzix Nestabilities (Label); Cathe Holden (freebie downloads--report card, vintage cheese label); Tim Holtz (Grungeboard label); MFT Stamps (Die-namics border die cut)



Happy Tuesday!! Wait...it IS Tuesday, right?? I'm such a ditz.........


~Cynthia

4 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

ok, i SO love this!! very cool page!--great pic, too--it pays to trespass:)

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Your posts make me smile!!

Loving this layout .. .. great embellishments alongside that fantastic photograph.

You do take excellent pictures.

Love Jules xx

Sparkleblue Faery said...

You're not a ditz! Everyone has those moments. :) Love the page and the papers you used by the way!

Carolyn Dube said...

PERFECT PAPER for this photo - wow- it creates such a great background for your photo and ephemera. Very vintage!