Oh boy. It has taken me roughly ONE WEEK to get this page done. This is a layout from Shimelle...from what seems like ages ago.
It's a little chaotic at my house right now. The plumbers were here yesterday to replace all the faucets. My gosh they are SLOW. And they blocked the way to the craft room. And they had to turn the water off too. That meant no crafting and six hours of a CSI marathon.
And they're not done yet.
And they're two hours late today.
Which means no crafting today either.
I totally think I should deduct Negative Craft Room Time from their bill!! LOL!!
So here's my page. Shimelle's challenge was black and red, with lots of layers. I chose the paper first, then added the photo. I'm not real happy with any of it, but I had to find the end somewhere.
I distressed lots of stuff, which always makes me happy, so the page isn't a total loss. Also, I made the script faux-washi tape with ink and artist's tape. That's always fun too.
And I love ledger paper. LOVE. IT. So I distressed a piece of that also.
The photo is from Fort Polaski, Georgia. This is the interior of the fort--the outer walls, where they swing the cannons around to shoot out of the windows. Those are the track lines on the floor where the cannons travel. It's a very cool place, very well restored.
Supplies:
Paper: Jenni Bowlin (Clover Vine and Red Olives); My Mind's Eye (Meadowlark collection); stash (ledger paper); Bazzill (tan cardstock)
Stamp: Stampendous (script stamp)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo); Stazon (Jet Black); Archival Ink (Coffee)
ETC: Queen &Co Pearls (Nightfall); Staedtler (Artist's Tape); Recollections (Alphabet set); Paper Shapers (Retro Flower punch); The Paper Studio (brad); The Sewing Place (seam binding)
So I just found out the plumbers aren't coming today after all. Apparently, I'm not enough of a priority for them. Grrrrrr. At least I have running water. Just trying to be grateful for the little things, ya know? ;-)
~Cynthia
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Still Here...mojoless
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Love how the softer colors work so well with your photo! If you find a way to charge the plumbers for negative craft time please let me know - I think I could save tons on our repair bills that way!
so pretty, cynthia! love the papers, that bit of ribbon and the cute flower!
my gosh--are all plumbers the same? yours sound like the one we had recently!
Your page is very pretty. I love the photo of the old fort. Plumbers must be in league with the cable people, because they are never on time either! I would seriously ask the plumbers for some money off the bill for causing so much inconvenience! Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. :)
Karis
Oh dear Cynthia
It sounds a bit of a nightmare for you at the moment.
I hope you are a big enough priority tomorrow and that they get finished asap!!
Nothing worse than not being able to make it to your craft space!!!
Love Jules xx
Ooops ... nearly forgot to say gorgeous papers on your layout and great touches of detail.
Cynthia - this LO rocks! I adore the mix of patterns and colors...and so many perfect little details.
Sorry to hear about the plumbing nightmare. Hopefully by now, everything is put back in order.
xoxo, Jenn
Post a Comment