Monday, September 26, 2011

Twinkle, twinkle little star...

...how I've CASE'd you from a far...

Yes, I totally stole the idea from Susan Raihala over on Simplicity. I lerved the idea of a framed area on the card. So cute!

I blocked off the area I wanted framed using sticky notes. Then I stamped the stars, drew the lines with a pen, scored two lines beneath the frame, and stamped the sentiment.

I liked the idea of using the darker ink for the sentiment. I think it draws the eye down, while also causing the lighter color to pop.


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamps: Stampendous (Everything Happy set); Stampin Up (star); Rubber Stampede (Star Trio)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Peeled Paint, Worn Lipstick)
ETC: ScorBuddy; American Crafts (Pigment Pro pen)


This past week was crazy! I spent time on Friday helping my local scrapbook store set up for a stamp convention, then spent most of Saturday shopping there! The vendors were fewer in number compared to the previous year, but I still managed to find some fun stuff!! Just doing my part to help the economy! ;-)


Thanks for stopping in today!

~Cynthia

2 comments:

Carolyn Dube said...

Stampers are civic minded and all about others - that's why it is so important we shop - not for ourselves at all...I love the frame idea - it creates such a great visual.

farmhouse-story said...

really awesome, cynthia:) helping the scrapbook store sounds like fun--shopping sounds even better:)