Monday, September 5, 2011

Saturday Sketch...on Monday

This page is for Shimelle's Saturday Sketch. She gave us an idea (use scraps), but didn't show us her finished page so we could create without preconceived notions. I gathered all the snippets (as Jules would say) and laid them out Saturday so I could finish it this morning. But first I HAD to take a sneak peak at Shimelle's finished layout. ;-)

And mine looked nothing like hers. Heh.

So I subtracted a bit of paper, added a few more details and came up with this one.

I rather like how it all turned out. It's not as embellished as Shimelle's, but I'm more of a clean and simple crafter anyway, so I'm OK with that.

The photo was taken at Harbison State Forest in South Carolina.


Supplies:
Paper: Graphic 45 (Botanicabella Colletction: Ode to a Butterfly, Summer Sonata, Botanicabella Tags); BoBunny (Decaf Dot); Bazzill (brown cardstock); K&Co (Handmade ephemera collection); Stampin Up (newsprint collection)
Ink: Ranger (Adirondack Espresso Color Wash); Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Brushed Corduroy)
ETC: Pretty Little Studio (train ticket); The Sewing Place (seam binding); Making Memories (Alpha Charms); Cuttlebug (Harmony die cut alpha)
Adhesives: Glue Glider Pro; Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive; Glue Dots; Zig Two-way Glue Stick


Happy Labor Day to all my American friends! Be safe! We're dealing with the remnants of Tropical Storm Lee this week, so no nice sunny photos. =D But we're grateful for the RAIN!!! YAY!


~Cynthia

2 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

beautiful page, cynthia! the bflies work so well with your pic!

Carolyn Dube said...

Love the layers - your pages are so wonderful. I stopped by and I keep finding more and more- my kids are wondering if they will ever be fed today....