Thursday, September 8, 2011

Old Sheldon Ruins

Old Sheldon Ruins by HikerCynthia
Old Sheldon Ruins, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

This layout is based on a challenge on the My Mind's Eye blog. Part of the challenge was to use 80% MME product on the page.

Sooooo....I have about 10%. And that's why I'm not entering the challenge.

But it was fun playing along. I so think that should count for something. RIGHT????? ;-)

The picture is from Old Sheldon Church, located near Beaufort, SC. I absolutely love the ruins of the church! The original name was Prince William's Parish Church and construction was begun in 1745.

Many people have their bridal pictures taken here and even get married here. It's really quite an amazing place.


Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (brown and teal cardstock); My Mind's Eye (Penny Lane--Free Bird "Passion" Robin's Eggs Paper); K&Co (Par Avion border strip)
ETC: K&Co (Tim Coffey--Cottage Garden Warm die-cuts); Making Memories (Shimmer Alpha--Black); Zig Two-way Glue Stick; Glue Glider Pro


And no, I didn't spritz the page. It's so late in the afternoon here that I got shadows on the page. It does look kind of cool though...


~Cynthia ;-)

3 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

very cool page, cynthia! and i esp. love that cute bee in the corner:)

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

What an amazing photograph .. .. that looks an awesome place to have your wedding photographs taken or better still to get married there!!

I think you are right .. 10% should count for something!! LOL!!!

Have a great weekend.

Love Jules xx

Carolyn Dube said...

Your page is wonderful! Love how the ric rack (spelling?) creates a sense of movement.