OK, my usual apology first. For some odd reason, the colors on this page got totally washed out. What's up with THAT?? Just trust me when I say the colors are really a lot deeper and richer than what they appear here.
And now...on to the page.
So this layout is for a Pretty Little Studio sketch challenge. Except all of my Pretty Little Studio products are currently residing in my December Daily album, which is currently awaiting December. I played along anyway but I won't be posting it on their blog.
The photo was taken in (I think) 1992. I hike this area a lot and my journaling talks about how the creek has changed over the years.
I got the idea for the funky flower on the top left from the Fancy Pants blog. Punch or die cut some circles, snip some petals and layer. Easy and quite cool.
Speaking of cool....we had a high temperature of 98 degrees here today. And that's why I spent most of it chilling in my craft studio. I finished up my Year in the Life for August. Yay!
Supplies:
Paper: Kaiser Craft (Victorian Rose); BoBunny (Decaf Dot); We R Memory Keepers (72 & Sunny, Flower Patch); Bazzill (brown cardstock)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo); Ranger (Adirondack Color Wash in Espresso--for the splots)
ETC:Cuttlebug (Harmony die cut alpha set); Marvy Uchida (circle punches); Studio 112 (flower embellishments); Melody Ross (chip punch); chipboard pennants (stash); Zig Two-way Glue Stick; Glue Dots; Glue Glider Pro
Happy Friday, everyone! And have a safe Labor Day weekend!
~Cynthia
Friday, September 2, 2011
Lawson's Fork
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Another great layout Cynthia.
I don't know how you manage to come up with so many different designs. I struggle with a small card front sometimes .. .. let alone handling 12 x 12 pages!!! LOL!!!
Thank you for all your lovely comments whilst I have been banned from bloglands. I can't believe I have missed so much.
Love Jules xx
lovely page for your beautiful picture--how great this place is part of your life, cynthia! it was 99 here today and tomorrow in the 70's! crazy weather!
Post a Comment