Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Birthday Grid

Birthday Grid by HikerCynthia
Birthday Grid, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

Today's offering is a birthday card a la Susan Raihala--from her Simplicity blog. She's been posting the cutest Halloween cards this week. I took her idea of a grid design and made it into a birthday card.

I punched out the three squares and stamped the images. I made them all off center on purpose. I think it's kind of quirky that way. ;-)

I also sprayed the background with some Color Wash before I added the squares.

I'm not sure it's clear, but I added glitter to the candle flames.

I made a matching card for my niece, without the Color Wash. I liked the crispness of that one, but this one is rather funky. =D


Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (all cardstock); Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamps: Hero Arts (Birthday Messages set); assorted $1 stamps, un-named
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Dusty Grape, Black Soot); Ranger Adirondack Color Wash (Purple Twilight)
ETC: Marvy-Uchida (1-inch square punch); Sakura Gel Pen; Glue Glider Pro


Finally we had some relief from the heat today. The cool temperatures made it hard to stay inside and create! =D

Thanks for stopping by today and thanks for all your nice comments!!

~Cynthia

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Aren't Susan's cards great? I really like your quirky take on this design!

farmhouse-story said...

i like the design off centered, cynthia:) its lots cooler here, too--love that!