Saturday, January 1, 2011

Coffee Cup Album--Page 4


Page 4
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

Happy New Year!!

I'm pretty excited to start this year because I've joined a few online classes! One is an art journal journey and the other is a take on Ali Edwards' One Little Word album called My Little Word. I'm combining them into My Little Word Art Journal. (Ha ha ha!!)

In my little Coffee Cup...I mean Travel and Cupcake Journal, I've gone from a very busy page (Page 3) to a pretty serene page here.

On the left I've adhered a piece I stamped months ago and had left sitting around, waiting for the perfect spot. I so love this stamp. It's one of the very first I ever purchased. I also used a Tim Holtz grungepaper key, covered with Distress Embossing Powder. Seriously cool effect, like a rusty key.

The heart beneath it is actually on the paper itself, so the 'fly bird' fit perfectly! I added a strip of script paper at the bottom.

On the right side, I kept it very simple. I adhered a bird from a pack of ephemera I bought. Then I typed the word 'dream,' cut them out and added them to the clouds. I also sanded parts of the background paper to create more of a worn look.

The quote at the bottom says: "There is no bad weather, just bad gear!" So so so true. :-)


~Cynthia

1 comment:

farmhouse-story said...

i esp love that large stamp on the left page and the tecnique you used on the "rusty" key:)