Thursday, January 3, 2013

One Little Word

One Little Word by HikerCynthia
One Little Word, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
In 2011, I decided to play along with Ali Edwards and her One Little Word project. It extended itself into 2012 so I didn't chose a word for that year.

I wasn't really going to play this year either, but as I read Ali's blog post about OLW, I thought...this is gonna be cool. I can feel it!

So my One Little Word for 2013 is LESS. I chose it because I want LESS bad stuff in my life. I really felt like taking it from the negative would have more impact than, say, choosing a word like JOY or PEACE. I do want joy and peace, but to achieve that I have to sweep out the non-joy and the non-peace.

Does that make any sense? =D

Anyway, I'm not taking Ali's class, but I did want to document my year living with LESS.

I got this cool cork journal for Christmas. It's perfect!

I die cut a little mason jar from white sparkly cardstock, then die cut it again from acetate-like plastic. I also die cut the lid from a sheet of metal.

Then I die cut the letters and layered everything. Sorry the colors aren't true to life, the sun has been hiding for DAYS. :-(

Living with LESS has already had an impact. I ran into a situation on Tuesday morning...and immediately began forming an angry email to the person in charge of the mess...when I heard a small whisper in my head...LESS. LESS anger, LESS attitude...LESS complaining. And just like that...the anger drained away.

Pretty cool, huh?

So...are you playing along with One Little Word??


~Cynthia

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I think you've picked a word that I should use a lot! I need to remember your mantra!

The Nonna said...

I may steal your word... that would then turn less into theft. Oh my! Not a good way to start the year. I love your journal and the impact one little word (and less is an especially perfect small word, isn't it?!) makes. I may play this game as well after reading your blog post (probably won't make it to Ali's and that's okay) but will probably take about 11-months to come up with the right word. Hmmm.

The Nonna said...

I may steal your word... that would then turn less into theft. Oh my! Not a good way to start the year. I love your journal and the impact one little word (and less is an especially perfect small word, isn't it?!) makes. I may play this game as well after reading your blog post (probably won't make it to Ali's and that's okay) but will probably take about 11-months to come up with the right word. Hmmm.

The Nonna said...

I may steal your word... that would then turn less into theft. Oh my! Not a good way to start the year. I love your journal and the impact one little word (and less is an especially perfect small word, isn't it?!) makes. I may play this game as well after reading your blog post (probably won't make it to Ali's and that's okay) but will probably take about 11-months to come up with the right word. Hmmm.