Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January Birthday

January Birthday by HikerCynthia
January Birthday, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
You know how January birthdays just kind of sneak up on you??

And you know how you kinda panic because the card should have been sent out like *yesterday*??

And you know how Full Panic Mode sets in when you see the mail carrier going up the other side of the street and you only have like an hour to make a card??

And you know how you've been making Christmas cards and therefore have no birthday card mojo?

Yeah, that was me.

So I did what I always do when I'm in Full Panic Mode.

I steal--I mean GRACIOUSLY borrow someone else's design.

This time I headed directly to Bonnie's blog...Stamping with Klass...to shamelessly copy one of her gorgeous cards.

Hey, I changed it up a bit! Ya can't even tell I shamelessly copied it!! =D

I stamped the dandelion and little seeds in Tuxedo Blank ink and the sentiment in Dusty Concord, which in real life matches the purple cardstock perfectly!

Then I corner punched the...um...CORNER. I added a bit of sparkle to the seeds and layered it all up on a white card blank.

The sky is so dark and gray here right now that I had to do some MAJOR tweaking on this just to get the hint of purple.

Trust me, it's purple in real life. ;-)


Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (purple cardstock); Neenah (Solar White cardstock); Recollections (white card blank)
Stamps: Great Impressions (dandelion and seeds); Endless Creations (birthday)
Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Dusty Concord)
ETC: Martha Stewart (corner punch); Glue Glider Pro; Spica (Atyou clear glitter pen)


Now I have to go back to cleaning up Christmas decorations. Stay crafty, my friends!!

~Cynthia

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the credit, Cynthia. You made it your own and I'll admit that it took me a lot longer to make the one you credit! Great job, my friend! DH's birthday is tomorrow. I need to put his card together. Would you believe I used the front from an old card? It has ducks so he'll love it. I only have one duck stamp and I used that last time. Think I need to go shopping!

Carolyn Dube said...

You may steal- I mean borrow- but you borrow well! I love that flower- one of my favorites of all time! This is just so classy and clean!