Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Insert Clever Card Title Here

Well, my card-making mojo might be working, but my clever-title mojo isn't! ;-)

No matter.

I love how this card turned out.

I was surfing for inspiration and you know how you go to one crafter's blog which leads you to another blog where you go WOW??

That was me over on the I Create blog, hosted by Jen Mitchell. I got there via Kim's Joyful Creations blog. As I wandered around Jen's blog, I kept saying WOW. Such beautiful creations!! :-)

I saw this card which Jen had created for the Less Is More challenge, using an Unscripted Sketches sketch.

Got all that? =D

So I ran a left over piece of card blank through the ol' Cuttlebug, cut up another piece of card blank for the banner, then stamped the sentiment, die cut the butterfly, adhered everything and called it a day.

Jen used washi tape--which I love--but I rather liked it plain. What do you think? To washi or not to washi?

This would be a super easy card to mass produce too. I used a snippet of paper for the butterfly...another great way to clean out the snippet bin!


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank and white cardstock) K&Co (I think that's where the blue paper is from)
Stamp: Endless Creations (sentiment)
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black)
ETC: Cuttlebug (Seeing Spots embossing folder); Martha Stewart (butterfly punch); Marvy (square punch for making banner); Glue Glider Pro


So....huge thanks to both Kim and Jen for sharing their creations with all of us!! And a huge thanks to YOU for stopping by!


~Cynthia

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is CAS perfection! No Washi needed!

Carolyn Dube said...

I hate that when I have a great post but draw a blank on the title. You certainly hit a home run on the card- so elegant with the white on white!

Jules said...

YAY .. .. I am back!! Woo hoo!

I have been without my internet so am on a huge blog catch up now.

Thank you for checking in on me. I received your comment but couldn't answer it .. .. sorry :-(

You have been one busy lady whilst I have been away .. .. and I personally thought your post title was brilliant. It made me smile.

I hope all is good with you.

Love Jules xx

The Nonna said...

I have stolen the image of your card and placed it in an inspiration file on my computer that you will never find - therefore, there will be no ransom.

The Nonna said...

Cynthia, where are you? Why have you been gone so long? Are you okay? What are you doing? Cynthia, answer me!!!
Love you, my blond.