Saturday, January 26, 2013

Happy Hearts!

Happy Hearts! by HikerCynthia
Happy Hearts!, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
Well, I can't say I'm pleased as punch with this one, but at least it's a step in the right direction. ;-) If anything, it felt good to be creating cards again.

I kinda, sorta got the idea from one of the CHA samples in Tim Holtz's booth--Stampers Anonymous, I think it was.

The background is a large script stamp, with the edges of the panel distressed.

I stamped several tiny tags, distressed the heck out of them and did the same thing to a banner.

Adhere everything.

Done.


Supplies:
Paper: The paper Studio (kraft card blank); unknown kraft paper
Stamps: Studio G (heart); Craftsmart (sentiment); Hero Arts (Italian Poetry Background)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Festive Berries, Walnut Stain)
ETC: Marvy (square punch) Wal-Mart (tiny tags); Memory Makers (paper distresser)



So that's it from here. I hope you find the time to get crafty this weekend! And thanks so much for the visit!!


~Cynthia

4 comments:

Carolyn Dube said...

Love how the red pops and the script in the background adds interest but still allows the focal points to be the focal points!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Loving the sound of Happy Hearts .. .. and loving the look too.

Those little tags look gorgeous against that script background.

Great to see you can post again and that hopefully your internet problems are sorted.

Thank you for your lovely comments on my wedding work. You are very kind.

Hope you had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Bonnie said...

I love those little tags, Cynthia! When I see tags I always think they're such a great idea, but then never think of them when I do a card! Hmmm. I need to change that! Thanks so much for your kind words. You're the best!

farmhouse-story said...

i'm loving that fabulous bkgd stamp and cute tags,cythia! have a great week!!