Yes, folks, it's time once again for the monthly installment of Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2012!! Sir Tim made us wait a whole extra week, but as always...totally worth it!! So here's my take on October's Tag.
I started out by covering a manilla tag with a piece of 7 Gypsies tissue paper. I added a bit of purple and orange acrylic paint, then immediately blended it around with a baby wipe.
Next I blended Distress Inks (Ripe Persimmon and Seedless Preserve) to highlight the wrinkles in the tissue paper. I hit it with a few sprays of Perfect Pearls Mist in Biscotti for a lovely shine.
I die cut the BOO from Grunge Paper, painted it with black acrylic paint. I followed Tim's recipe for coloring dry glitter. I mixed Studio G glitter with Pitch Black Alcohol Ink. Very cool idea! I covered the BOO with Glossy Accents and then pressed the black glitter onto the die cut.
I stamped the pumpkin (Heartfelt Creations) on Grunge Paper too. I inked that with Ripe Persimmon and added Rusty Hinge for shadow. I went over the stamped image parts with Rusty Hinge Distress Marker, then brushed it with the tiniest bit of Antique Bronze Distress Stain for a bit of sparkle.
I adhered a distressed, torn train ticket (Pretty Little Studio), circled October and 31 with a Barn Door Distress Marker and adhered it to the tag. I added MAGIC from the Chit Chat stickers, distressed with a bit of Ripe Persimmon.
I adhered the BOO and the pumpkin with Glossy Accents.
**Oops! Forgot to say: I cut a short piece of green paper twine, misted it and then distressed it with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. I curled it around a Q-tip while wet so it would dry curly. Then I adhered it behind the pumpkin stem.**
Finally I stained a piece of seam binding with Rusty Hinge and Spiced Marmalade Distress Stains. (Wow, the Stains make this SO EASY!!)
Gracious! I hope you followed all that!! If not, just head over to Tim's website and check out his step-by-step instructions! =D
Thanks so much for stopping in today! I love it when you visit!!
~Cynthia
I started out by covering a manilla tag with a piece of 7 Gypsies tissue paper. I added a bit of purple and orange acrylic paint, then immediately blended it around with a baby wipe.
Next I blended Distress Inks (Ripe Persimmon and Seedless Preserve) to highlight the wrinkles in the tissue paper. I hit it with a few sprays of Perfect Pearls Mist in Biscotti for a lovely shine.
I die cut the BOO from Grunge Paper, painted it with black acrylic paint. I followed Tim's recipe for coloring dry glitter. I mixed Studio G glitter with Pitch Black Alcohol Ink. Very cool idea! I covered the BOO with Glossy Accents and then pressed the black glitter onto the die cut.
I stamped the pumpkin (Heartfelt Creations) on Grunge Paper too. I inked that with Ripe Persimmon and added Rusty Hinge for shadow. I went over the stamped image parts with Rusty Hinge Distress Marker, then brushed it with the tiniest bit of Antique Bronze Distress Stain for a bit of sparkle.
I adhered a distressed, torn train ticket (Pretty Little Studio), circled October and 31 with a Barn Door Distress Marker and adhered it to the tag. I added MAGIC from the Chit Chat stickers, distressed with a bit of Ripe Persimmon.
I adhered the BOO and the pumpkin with Glossy Accents.
**Oops! Forgot to say: I cut a short piece of green paper twine, misted it and then distressed it with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. I curled it around a Q-tip while wet so it would dry curly. Then I adhered it behind the pumpkin stem.**
Finally I stained a piece of seam binding with Rusty Hinge and Spiced Marmalade Distress Stains. (Wow, the Stains make this SO EASY!!)
Gracious! I hope you followed all that!! If not, just head over to Tim's website and check out his step-by-step instructions! =D
Thanks so much for stopping in today! I love it when you visit!!
~Cynthia

6 comments:
Great version of Tim's tag. I love the background technique and will be using it again. Yours came out really cool.
Worth the wait! This is fabulous with such rich colors and textures!
Wow! I love that pumpkin with the curled paper stem! And the BOO sparkles! I love that too! Great tag, Cynthia!
I LOVE your tag!! That canvas pumpin is too CUTE!! THANKS for sharing and for the sweet comment you left on my blog!! =) Have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)
So sparkly and I just love the curly stem. Thanks for visiting my tag. BJ
Finally a pumpkin! Great tag.
Post a Comment