It's great to be playing along with the CASology challenge again this week! This time the Cue Word is WILD.
I decided to go the nature/wild direction. I love scene cards--and I love to make them too!
I cut a piece of Eclipse Paper to make a hill and valley shape. Eclipse Paper is like a sheet of sticky note/Post-It Note paper. It's low-tack so it can be reused.
I stuck that on a piece of white cardstock then made the night sky using three colors of blue Distress Inks, lightest on the bottom to darkest on top. I used felt applicators to get texture-like snow swirls. Towards the bottom I brushed on a bit of Pumice Stone to create a blowing snow effect.
I also punched a circle for the moon and tacked that down before I inked the sky. When that was done, I removed the circle and stamped the tree, then the deer.
A bit of chalk adds a soft brown to the deer, while gray chalk gives soft shadows beneath the deer and the tree.
The final step is snow. I used a white gel pen to create snow drifts, piled snow on the branches and falling snowflakes. Then I dotted glitter in the sky and added a bit to the trees for subtle sparkle.
Inside the card I'll stamp Silent Night and have another Christmas card done! YAY!
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank); Neenah (Solar White cardstock)
Stamps: Stampendous (Winter Trees set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Black Soot, Pumice Stone, Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky)
ETC: Inkssentials (Opaque Pen, white); Inkadinkado (Blending Chalks); Eclipse Paper; Atyou Spica Pen (Clear); Marvy (circle punch)
When I first tried this layout a year or so ago, I had the tree and moon on the left side, the deer on the right. The deer were looking at...well...nothing as their heads are pointed to the right. I showed the card and my mistake to my Mom and she said, "Your deer cannot take direction very well." LOL!
~Cynthia
I decided to go the nature/wild direction. I love scene cards--and I love to make them too!
I cut a piece of Eclipse Paper to make a hill and valley shape. Eclipse Paper is like a sheet of sticky note/Post-It Note paper. It's low-tack so it can be reused.
I stuck that on a piece of white cardstock then made the night sky using three colors of blue Distress Inks, lightest on the bottom to darkest on top. I used felt applicators to get texture-like snow swirls. Towards the bottom I brushed on a bit of Pumice Stone to create a blowing snow effect.
I also punched a circle for the moon and tacked that down before I inked the sky. When that was done, I removed the circle and stamped the tree, then the deer.
A bit of chalk adds a soft brown to the deer, while gray chalk gives soft shadows beneath the deer and the tree.
The final step is snow. I used a white gel pen to create snow drifts, piled snow on the branches and falling snowflakes. Then I dotted glitter in the sky and added a bit to the trees for subtle sparkle.
Inside the card I'll stamp Silent Night and have another Christmas card done! YAY!
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank); Neenah (Solar White cardstock)
Stamps: Stampendous (Winter Trees set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Black Soot, Pumice Stone, Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky)
ETC: Inkssentials (Opaque Pen, white); Inkadinkado (Blending Chalks); Eclipse Paper; Atyou Spica Pen (Clear); Marvy (circle punch)
When I first tried this layout a year or so ago, I had the tree and moon on the left side, the deer on the right. The deer were looking at...well...nothing as their heads are pointed to the right. I showed the card and my mistake to my Mom and she said, "Your deer cannot take direction very well." LOL!
~Cynthia

9 comments:
this is just beautiful... a lovely take on the cue word! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!
This is stunning - love the texture in the sky and that big old moon! Thanks so much for going wild with us at CASology this week!
Hi Cynthia
What a fabulous card .. .. the sky is just amazing. I love it!!!
Your Mum's comment made me smile!
Love Jules xx
Wow, Cynthia, what a beautiful scene you've created! I need to practice more with this sponging 'cause I sure love the results when someone else does it! I'm glad the deer are taking direction better this year!
What a beautiful scene!! Love it!
I am in love with your blue sky- the way you blended the colors and have the lighter areas just draw my eye!
There's so much texture and atmosphere in your beautiful scene Cynthia - I love it!
Your inked sky is absolutely stunning, Cynthia! Such a fabulous little scene! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!
I've taken some time out this morning to scoot around your blog and I'm finding some nice gems in amounst your lovely work. I really love how you put this together . You have a good hand with your sponging and your images are well proportion on this lovely scenic card. The sprinkling of stars for the night sky work a treat too.
Post a Comment