Monday, October 22, 2012

More Jack O Lantern Fun

More Jack O Lantern Fun by HikerCynthia
More Jack O Lantern Fun, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
I got the inspiration for this card weeks ago when CASology ran the ZOO challenge. Tracey over at her In My Creative Opinion blog had this cute card and I loved it! The gerbils in my brain were just spinning around on their little wheel as ideas flew about like autumn leaves in a wind storm! ;-)

So I decided I needed a few more Halloween cards and used Tracey's layout.

(I'm thinking about changing the name of my blog to "Shamelessly Copied." What do you think?? LOL!)

I ran a piece of black cardstock through ye olde Cuttlebug using the Distressed Stripes embossing folder. Love that one.

Then I die cut two scalloped squares and inked the heck out of the larger one. The smaller one got a stampin' with that funny little Jack O Lantern. I used Distress Markers to get all the colors right. Then I went over the pumpkin part with a tiny bit of Blending Chalk so he would be orange.

I layered all that and stamped the sentiment at the bottom.

This is such a cute and easy layout. I think I'll use it for a few Christmas cards too. Ooo, maybe some Thanksgiving cards as well!

See? The gerbils are spinning in my brain again!!


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank); Neenah (Solar White cardstock); Bazzill (black cardstock)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot, Rusty Hinge); Distress Markers (Forest Moss, Black Soot, Rusty Hinge)
Stamps: Stampabilities (Happy Jack O Lantern, Happy Halloween)
ETC: Cuttlebug (Distressed Stripes embossing folder); Inkadinkado (Blending Chalks); Nestabilities (Classic Scalloped Squares Small); Glue Glider Pro


Oooo, I just had another thought! Wouldn't this be so cute if you flipped the card horizontally and used smaller scallop squares--like a post card with a stamp?? Ohhhhh, I gotta go to my craft room!!! =D


Happy Monday!

~Cynthia

2 comments:

Carolyn Dube said...

You don't copy- you honor their creativity with your creativity! This is such a fun playful Halloween card!

Bonnie said...

Looks like those gerbils are doing the trick! Wonderful Halloween card, Cynthia! Love that Jack-o-lantern!