Tuesday, October 30, 2012

CASology #17: Sugar

CASology #17: Sugar by HikerCynthia
CASology #17: Sugar, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
This week's CASology challenge is the Cue Word SUGAR.

When I think of sugar, I always (and immediately!) think of CUPCAKES. Plenty of sugar in cupcakes, right?? =D

After three attempts at the cupcake, I had almost given up when I decided to try one last time.

Turns out...fourth time's the charm! ;-)

I stamped the cupcake, colored it, then fussy cut it out.

Verrrrrrry carefully!

Then I die cut one small white Pinking Circle, one slightly larger pink Standard Circle, then a larger pink Pinking Circle.

(Ha ha! Pink Pinking Circle! That's just fun to say!!)

After I embossed each circle, I popped up the cupcake, adhered it to the white circle, then the middle circle, then popped that whole thing up on the largest pink circle.

Then I stamped the sentiment and called it a day!

Now I'm hungry, of course. ;-)



Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank); Bazzill (pink cardstock); Neenah (Solar White cardstock)
Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Tim Holtz Distress Markers (Pine Needles, Barn Door, Worn Lipstick)
Stamp: Endless Creations (Happy Birthday)
ETC: Nestabilities (Standard Circles Large, Small Pinking Circles); Cuttlebug; EK Success (3D Dots); Glue Glider Pro


We managed to survive the far side of Hurricane Sandy here in SC. High winds, but no snow. Not even a bit of rain. The rest of the American East Coast didn't do as well. I was watching The Weather Channel and a live blog Monday night and I just cannot fathom the destruction. If you would like to donate to relief efforts, here are some really wonderful organizations:

Southern Baptist Disaster Relief
Samaritan's Purse
American Red Cross


~Cynthia

6 comments:

Ardyth said...

This is Sweet! Love the effect of the two pinking circles around the cupcake and the 'handwritten sentiment' - thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your sugary cupcake Cynthia. Thank you for joining us this week at CASology!

Rosemary said...

mmmmm... what a yummy cupcake, cynthia!! fab CAS design, too! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Suze Bain said...

Yum, a cupcake with cherries on the top! Love your pinky circles too! xx

Jen W. said...

Love your layered die cuts and the font on that sentiment is fabulous! And now I'm craving a cupcake... Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Jean said...

Glad you tried a fourth time ~ Great card!