Oooo, when I saw this card over on Bonnie Klass' blog (Stamping with Klass), I knew I was going to shamelessly copy it! Absolutely gorgeous. Go there. Now.
Are you back? See what I mean? GORGEOUS.
Anyway, I decided I needed to get a move on with the Christmas card making. So why not shamelessly copy AND get a Christmas card made?
I know, awesome, right?? =D
So here's my take on Bonnie's creation. It involved a few more steps than I usually do, but so worth it.
First I cut all my paper. I used a white card blank and cut a dark green piece of cardstock slightly smaller than the card blank, then cut a red one slightly smaller than the green.
I embossed the red piece with the beautiful music embossing folder and cut that, leaving a small space between the two.
I cut a tiny sliver of white cardstock. I knew I wanted to use the tree punch, but I had nothing like the flourishes Bonnie used on her card.
Hmmm.
*scratched head for several minutes*
*put on thinking cap*
*looked through all stamps*
*began to panic*
Nothing was small enough to fit on the little sliver of cardstock.
And then it hit me.
Well, not really since it's a clear stamp. It sort of flopped at me.
The Penny Black set called Winter Greens and Whites has a lovely flower with stem-flourish things. (You can see the set here--it's the flower on the top right of the set.)
If I only inked the stem-flourish ENDS, I could get a tiny flourish that fit!!
So I did! I made a small dot at the midpoint of the sliver, then stamped the flourish twice, once on each side of the dot. The tree covered up any mess I may...ahem...have made. ;-)
PERFECT.
I adhered all the layers, popped up the tree on some foam dots and my CASE of Bonnie's beautiful card was done! YAY. Only like 400 more cards to go!!!
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank); Bazzill (green and red cardstock); Neenah (Solar White cardstock)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Pine Needles)
Stamp: Penny Black (Winter Whites and Greens)
ETC: Cuttlebug (Allegro embossing folder); Punch Bunch (tree); Scotch (Pop-up Foam Circles)
Mad props and HUGE thanks to Bonnie for making (and posting!) her beautiful card!
Have a great weekend, everyone, and thanks for visiting today!!
~Cynthia
Are you back? See what I mean? GORGEOUS.
Anyway, I decided I needed to get a move on with the Christmas card making. So why not shamelessly copy AND get a Christmas card made?
I know, awesome, right?? =D
So here's my take on Bonnie's creation. It involved a few more steps than I usually do, but so worth it.
First I cut all my paper. I used a white card blank and cut a dark green piece of cardstock slightly smaller than the card blank, then cut a red one slightly smaller than the green.
I embossed the red piece with the beautiful music embossing folder and cut that, leaving a small space between the two.
I cut a tiny sliver of white cardstock. I knew I wanted to use the tree punch, but I had nothing like the flourishes Bonnie used on her card.
Hmmm.
*scratched head for several minutes*
*put on thinking cap*
*looked through all stamps*
*began to panic*
Nothing was small enough to fit on the little sliver of cardstock.
And then it hit me.
Well, not really since it's a clear stamp. It sort of flopped at me.
The Penny Black set called Winter Greens and Whites has a lovely flower with stem-flourish things. (You can see the set here--it's the flower on the top right of the set.)
If I only inked the stem-flourish ENDS, I could get a tiny flourish that fit!!
So I did! I made a small dot at the midpoint of the sliver, then stamped the flourish twice, once on each side of the dot. The tree covered up any mess I may...ahem...have made. ;-)
PERFECT.
I adhered all the layers, popped up the tree on some foam dots and my CASE of Bonnie's beautiful card was done! YAY. Only like 400 more cards to go!!!
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank); Bazzill (green and red cardstock); Neenah (Solar White cardstock)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Pine Needles)
Stamp: Penny Black (Winter Whites and Greens)
ETC: Cuttlebug (Allegro embossing folder); Punch Bunch (tree); Scotch (Pop-up Foam Circles)
Mad props and HUGE thanks to Bonnie for making (and posting!) her beautiful card!
Have a great weekend, everyone, and thanks for visiting today!!
~Cynthia

3 comments:
Hi Cynthia
Looks like we have both decided to hit the Christmas cards.
This is great. Love the embossing and the flourish background to your Christmas tree.
Your post made me smile. I bet everyone in blogland can recognise your thought process!! LOL!!
Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
Love Jules xx
Oh, Cynthia, I like this one so much better. You've really made it your own. Now I want one of those punches. Alas, it never ends! Thanks for shout out!
Cynthia... You creative genius you. I have so many embossing folders and really no clue as to what I really want to do with them... I also went back through several posts to check out all you've been doing and you have been busy! And you are such an inspiration for me... I promise I won't copy you - much! Love and Hugs.
Post a Comment