Thursday, September 13, 2012

Tim Reboot

Tim Reboot by HikerCynthia
Tim Reboot, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
I decided to do something a little different for my next Daily/Junque Journal/Project Life Thing.

Got all that? ;-)

In the past I've used composition notebooks. You can see a picture here.

As with 2011, I found that I run through 2 composition notebooks during the year and end up with just November to get through.

I play along with Ali Edwards' December Daily so I have to make up something for the few days in November. That way I have the whole year covered! =D

Anyway, Susan Raihala has a Gratitude Campaign going on and I thought...how perfect would that be for the month of November?? She sends cards. I'll list things that I'm thankful for on a daily basis--including as many objects or photos or whatever as I can adhere on the pages.

OK, so this makes way more sense in my head. Heh.

Here's the cover of the November Gratitude 2012 album...totally inspired by Tim Holtz's September Tag.

I used foil tape and Alcohol Inks and various objects to create faux metal and rivets. The letters (Grunge Letters) are under the foil tape.

The rest of the album (back cover and inside covers) were sprayed with Dylusions Ink and Perfect Pearls mist.

[I did discover that the ink tends to come off on my fingers, so I'm covering it with Matte Medium. I also discovered that Dylusions Inks are not so happy when they meet watery substances like Matte Medium. Tis OK. I like the grungy look!]

The album is an 8x8 Zutter Cover-all. They work perfectly fine with the Cinch--which is what I used.

My hope is that this album will help me focus my appreciation for all of God's blessings--both large and small.


Many thanks to YOU for stopping by today!!


~Cynthia

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful way to count your blessings! I love the metallic look.

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Once again I am in catch up mode .. ... and I can't let this one go without a comment.

Your project is brilliant .. .. I love the metallic look you have created.

Very inspirational and as Bonnie says a brilliant place to "count your blessings".

Love Jules xx