Monday, July 2, 2012

Tim's July Tag

Tim's July Tag by HikerCynthia
Tim's July Tag, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
It's the beginning of the month so you know what that means, right?? TIM TAG TIME!!! Wooo hooooooo!!!!!!!!!

I had a BLAST making this tag!! The Alcohol Ink technique Tim Holtz demonstrated was SO. MUCH. FUN. Check it out here!

I basically followed Tim's recipe. I just used different colors and stamps. For the "metal" tags and embellishments, I just made the darn things because I don't have any! =D Check out that technique too!

Here's a rundown of all the stuff I used...in no particular order:

Alcohol Inks, Dabber Paints, Lumiere Paints, Memento Ink, Distress Stains, die cuts, corner rounder, twine, stamps, seam binding, paper distresser, VersaMark, embossing powder, glossy paper, cardstock, a tag and my trusty GlueGlider Pro.


I had stamped a tiny outline heart on the round embellishment and grabbed the heat gun to heat up the embossing powder...only to discover my faithful heat gun had died. I was so sad. So imagine the tiny heart up there and when I get a new gun, I'll put the tiny heart back on there, OK? ;-)



Peace, love, and Alcohol Ink happiness to you!

~Cynthia

15 comments:

Debi said...

love your tag Cynthia- especially the summer colours- perfect, Debi x

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous, Cynthia! I love the bright yellow sun and the bright blue watercolor spotches! It does look like summer!

CuddlyBunny said...

Your metal bits are perfect, especially with your chosen ink colors and stamped images!

This one makes me want to go out and enjoy the sunshine ... and I don't even like summertime!

Anonymous said...

Your tag is very striking and I really love your take on this months Technique

Creatique Candy said...

Cynthia I'm in LOVE with the colors & theme you used on your tag!!! It is total eye candy & makes me love Summer even more. TFS HUGS

Unknown said...

WOW you're tag is STUNNING!!!! Absolutely gorgeous makes me want to be in the sun (if we had any)!! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog too!!
Nat -x-

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

I love your tag.

Carolyn Dube said...

I love the summery feel of your tag!!

Michelle said...

Beautiful and vibrant tag! It screams summer!

farmhouse-story said...

this is stunning! love the tag and your embellishments are fabulous!

toni said...

Gorgeous colourful and creative x

Winnie said...

Congrats on being one of the winners! Love your bursts of sunshine you made! Fun!

BJ said...

Super colours well done on your win - BJ

Annie Claxton said...

Such beautiful colours - love it!

Debra said...

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` Wonderful!