Monday means Scrapbook Starting Points over on Shimelle Laine's blog. She has a beautiful page and layout for this week. I took lots of inspiration from it, changing the layout to fit my never ending supply of panoramic photos.
I really was going to go the red-and-black route, as Shimelle did, but that color combination made for an odd Christmas looking page.
I went with this crazy mix of lime green, butter yellow, gray and pink instead.
So there.
I used Shimelle's ideas of washi tape and stripes along the bottom. I didn't add any journaling because the story is actually in another scrapbook, where all the "regular" sized photos are. I think it's a pretty enough picture to stand by itself.
The photo was taken in 2004. Oddly, I just noticed I wrote 2014 on the date.
I'm like a time-traveling scrapbooker.
*sigh*
~Cynthia ;-)
I really was going to go the red-and-black route, as Shimelle did, but that color combination made for an odd Christmas looking page.
I went with this crazy mix of lime green, butter yellow, gray and pink instead.
So there.
I used Shimelle's ideas of washi tape and stripes along the bottom. I didn't add any journaling because the story is actually in another scrapbook, where all the "regular" sized photos are. I think it's a pretty enough picture to stand by itself.
The photo was taken in 2004. Oddly, I just noticed I wrote 2014 on the date.
I'm like a time-traveling scrapbooker.
*sigh*
~Cynthia ;-)

5 comments:
Cynthia... I love your panoramic photo and the mix of papers you chose for this layout. Also, like how you did your layering! Great take on the Starting Point... now I need to go check out the new one and get started! :)
Sometimes when I see a beautiful, serene scene like this, it takes me back in time, but never forward. Great colors on this page.
Beautiful photo and I love the colours you went with. Such a fun starting point this week.
It's been awhile since I've seen your work, but I recognized it right away. (I took Shimelle's Pretty Paper Party). I just love your photos and great mix of patterned papers. Nice job!
your are rocking these pages, you time traveling scrapbooker! love the papers and design on this one:)
Post a Comment