Tuesday, July 24, 2012

CASology #3

CASology #3 by HikerCynthia
CASology #3, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
This week's cue word on the CASology challenge is FRUIT.

I needed a new home card so I went with the very traditional pineapple. Here in the Southeast corner of the US, the pineapple has long been the symbol of welcoming someone to your home. You'll find pineapples everywhere here--on flags, stepping stones, and mailboxes. I thought it would be perfect for a new home card! ;-)

I stamped the pineapple twice--once on the card blank and then again on a piece of scrap card blank. I cut out the second one and adhered it to the card blank image. I off-set the leaves just a bit to make them appear fuller and I popped the pineapple part up for some dimension.

Because I don't seem to have a new home stamp (THE HORRORS), I used some dollar alpha stamps for my sentiment.


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (ivory card blanks)
Stamps: Hero Arts (Simply the Best set); Studio G (Alphabet Stamps)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Markers (Rusty Hinge, Peeled Paint) and Distress Ink (Peeled Paint)
ETC: EK Success (Pop Dots); Glue Glider Pro



Go check out CASology! The challenges are such fun and the cards provide tons of inspiration! Play along with us this week!! =D

~Cynthia

13 comments:

Rosemary said...

wonderful card... loving all that beautiful white space! thanks for playing along with CASology!!

Melissa said...

Wonderfully welcoming, I'd say! Love that little pineapple and the simple sentiment you paired with it! Perfectly CAS! :) Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, the pineapple is fab.

Ardyth said...

I love how much texture you've managed to get with a simple stamp and the use of colour, offsetting and popping it up. Your welcome is perfect! Love this CAS card! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Your pineapple card is so lovely and that sentiment perfect. Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology this week!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful pineapple, Cynthia! I love the way you offset it for fuller leaves and popped it up! The new homers will love it!

Jen W. said...

I never knew that about pineapples so thanks for the bit of trivia! Love how you popped up the 'apple and the graded colours on it. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Carolyn Dube said...

The dimension in the pineapple is fabulous! Really makes it a strong focal point! Very even and aligned word stamping (I never get it that even no matter how careful I am!)

JoAnn Ross said...

Oh, having lived 13 years in east TN before moving back to the Pacific Northwest, I can so appreciate that pineapple! And I LOVE the way you offset it. (I double layered, but didn't think of doing that.)

Super card and yes, it'd be a wonderful new home card! If someone had given me that card when we moved into any of our neighborhoods, I would've been very happy!

Carole said...

It's all been said wonderful, lovely...your card is a perfect welcome, well done;)
http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/2012/07/casology-fruit.html

Jenni's Jems said...

Love the pineapple card and the story just made it even more special x

Monika Reeck said...

I love pineaple...and this is really CAS card easy to reproduce...love your idea...good luck with the challenge

I am joining the CASology challenge too my card is number 60 would you mind to see it on my blog?I would be so happy if you like to leave me some love too...hugs, Monika

farmhouse-story said...

you lined the dollars stamps WAY better than i would have!--cute card!