Wednesday, July 25, 2012

CASEing Stevens89

CASEing Stevens89 by HikerCynthia
CASEing Stevens89, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
OK, so many things to say about this one....

First, apologies for the odd glare on the photo on the page. Not real sure what happened there. I will blame it on Operator Error. Heh.

Second, I got the grid idea from Stevens89 in the Two Peas in a Bucket Gallery. That place is so awesome for inspiration! :-)

Third, funny story about the grid papers. I ordered something from my LSS and they sorta kinda took a bit too long to get it in, so I went to my Not So Local Scrap Store and bought it. On sale even! And then, of course, two weeks later my LSS called and said it was in.

Humph.

So....the LSS felt kinda sorta bad about taking so long so they gave me this card making kit for free. You know, the kind you buy for a class?? With all the parts in a bag, the papers already trimmed, the embellishments already made, the images already stamped, with photos and instructions too.

That was very sweet of them of course, but I lean toward the CAS style of card making.

So I chopped up the bits and made this scrapbook page instead! =D

Ergo, I have no idea who made the pretty patterned paper. The solid cardstock is from Bazzill and the backing paper is from My Mind's Eye.

And (deep breath here and bless you if you are still reading...)

...Fourth, this page came about because Shimelle Laine hosted a challenge a while back to scrap a crappy photo. (OK, I may have paraphrased the "crappy" part a bit.)

This photo of Fort Federica in Georgia (USA) has been sitting in my castoffs album because it's...well, pretty crappy. I *think* I was trying to get a shot of the flag flapping in the wind, but my timing was off.

And I was too far away.

And it looks like a photo of a tree now.

And the tree looks like some kind of Easter Island statue.

But I took a nod from Shimelle and scrapped it anyway.

So there.



Thanks for reading all that! ;-)

~Cynthia

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

You're so funny Cynthia! Great job on using your freebie and making it your own. Love the paper. And those buttons trailing thread are lots of fun.

Carolyn Dube said...

This is a great scrapbook page! That is the one thing I hate about special ordering at a store- they are never in the same hurry that I am in.

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia .. .. brilliant scrapbook page.

Love the layout and the papers.

Fabby colours too.

Love Jules xx

Kelly Pyron said...

I love reading your posts... your humor comes through your writing... and you have a great writing style! :) Great idea for using up the items in the card making kit too! Love the page you created!

farmhouse-story said...

way to use that free card kit! this is an awesome page, cynthia! happy weekend!