Thursday, July 19, 2012

CASEing Serious Play

CASEing Serious Play by HikerCynthia
CASEing Serious Play, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
I've been following Cindy on her Serious Play blog for a while now and I absolutely love her style! I decided to shamelessly copy this scrapbook page because it's gorgeous!!

I totally started out wanting to use Cindy's color scheme--all pales and lights and dreaminess.

And then I took a left turn into dark and bold and...er...pumpkin pie-ness.

That's totally a word.

I used that deep burnt orange because it brought out the stripes in the lighthouse.

And yes, Morris Island Lighthouse is currently sitting in the middle of the ocean. Well not quite the middle, but IN IT. It used to be on an island, but that has been eroded over the past few hundred years and now Morris Island stands in the water. When the tide is out you can barely see the tiny sand bar that holds the lighthouse upright.

I digress.

I ended up really liking the page. The shattered look behind the photo is cool. And I like the paint splats too.

Thanks for the inspiration, Cindy!!! =D



Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (pumpkin cardstock); The Paper Studio (script paper); BoBunny (mat paper); Stash (flags and banners)
ETC: Tim Holtz (Tissue Tape); The Paper Studio (letter stickers); homemade color spray (acrylic paint + water); Glue Glider Pro




I do apologize for the horrid photo. The sun was my enemy today--there really aren't ghost-like flashes all over the picture. Just squint a bit and pretend you can't see them! ;-)


~Cynthia

3 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

love the paint drips, too! another awesome page, cynthia! that's such an interesting story about the lighthouse:) i love lighthouses!

Carolyn Dube said...

Fabulous page! I love stopping by and getting my scrapbooking inspiration and sparks from you!

Bonnie said...

How interesting that this lighthouse in in the ocean now, but fortunate that there is enough of a sandbar that it still stands. And your picture is so pretty. I love the pumpkin paper and it does set of the stripes. Another great page!