I was kinda bummed that Tim Holtz decided to quit doing his 12 Tags of Christmas and instead do one tag each month. I know that's a lot of work and stress for him right before Christmas, but still...I'll miss the craziness of trying to make a tag a day and upload it. It was fun.
*sigh*
So I decided to make a tag along with him anyway. Here's March's tag.
I used lots of inks to create the background, stamp the sentiment and distress the tag. When that was dry, I sprayed it with Smooch Spritz.
I die cut the leaves from grungeboard adhered to Scor-tape. Then I cut small pieces from 3 paper snippets. I pressed the snippets to the Scor-tape, giving the leaves a stained glass look.
I used embossing powder for the grout, then covered the paper bits with Glossy Accents to give them a glassy look.
I deconstructed the clip, adding a different bit of paper, then covered that with Glossy Accents too.
The seam binding was moistened, dabbed with Distress Stains, then dried.
Finally I added the claim check and adhered everything.
Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin Up (sentiment); Rubber Stampede (Crackled Background)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Walnut Stain, Vintge Photo, Antique Linen); Tim Holtz Distress Stain (Forest Moss, Walnut Stain); Ranger Archival Ink (Coffee)
ETC: Basic Grey (clip); Cuttlebug (Leaves die cut); Smooch Spritz (Gold Glow); packing tag; seam binding; Judikins (Diamond Sparkle Embossing Powder); Ranger (Glossy Accents); Glue Dots
Have a great weekend!
~Cynthia
*sigh*
So I decided to make a tag along with him anyway. Here's March's tag.
I used lots of inks to create the background, stamp the sentiment and distress the tag. When that was dry, I sprayed it with Smooch Spritz.
I die cut the leaves from grungeboard adhered to Scor-tape. Then I cut small pieces from 3 paper snippets. I pressed the snippets to the Scor-tape, giving the leaves a stained glass look.
I used embossing powder for the grout, then covered the paper bits with Glossy Accents to give them a glassy look.
I deconstructed the clip, adding a different bit of paper, then covered that with Glossy Accents too.
The seam binding was moistened, dabbed with Distress Stains, then dried.
Finally I added the claim check and adhered everything.
Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin Up (sentiment); Rubber Stampede (Crackled Background)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Walnut Stain, Vintge Photo, Antique Linen); Tim Holtz Distress Stain (Forest Moss, Walnut Stain); Ranger Archival Ink (Coffee)
ETC: Basic Grey (clip); Cuttlebug (Leaves die cut); Smooch Spritz (Gold Glow); packing tag; seam binding; Judikins (Diamond Sparkle Embossing Powder); Ranger (Glossy Accents); Glue Dots
Have a great weekend!
~Cynthia

5 comments:
cynthia, i really love all that you've done on this tag! the stained glass look on the leaves are is so creative:) happy weekend!
That stained glass technique makes awesome leaves! I was getting worried about you and missed your postings. Glad to see you back.
Love the look of that crackled background and the leaves are nicely done mosaic style!
I am thrilled you are doing his tags this year- I too will miss it during the holidays but now I get to see your interpretation of his tags throughout the year. Really like the stained glass style on yours!!!
i love it ... so original.
Post a Comment