Monday, March 19, 2012

Iris Birthday

Iris Birthday by HikerCynthia
Iris Birthday, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
Happy Monday! We've got absolutely gorgeous weather on tap for today so I thought I'd get my post in and spend some time outside!

I think this card reflects the spring-like weather we're having here.

I found a set of background stamps on sale at Joann Fabrics. I got eight of them for less than $2!! And they're really cool! I love this swirly one. :-)

I used markers to color the flower stamp. This iris is so painterly--I love that it's airy and almost translucent.

I stamped the sentiment just a bit too close to the background. I think I'll make this one again and move it down a bit.



Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamps: Penny Black (O March); Scrappy Cat (Background and Texture Stamps set)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Bundled Sage)
ETC: Dee Gruenig's Brush Markers (Tropical Set)


Monday always means a big To Do List around here. Guess I'd better get at it!

Have a wonderful day!!


~Cynthia

2 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

LOVE the iris--that's one i don't have! the swirly bkgd looks great with it!

we've been in mid 80's here--weird but wonderful:)

Bonnie said...

What a lucky find at Joanne's! That's a great background stamp and I love your sweet Iris.