Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Weird Circles

Weird Circles by HikerCynthia
Weird Circles, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
OK, sooooo waaaaaay back in February, Gina from Inkybitz posted a seriously cool card for the Less Is More challenge, which was about using aqua on the card. I loved Gina's layout and decided to go in that direction--without the aqua. ;-)

And that's pretty much where the weirdness set in. Check it out.

I punched circles out of a piece of scrap paper to use as a mask. I brushed color into each circle, then stamped a large crackle background stamp over each circle.

I removed the mask and stamped the wheat image several times.

Totally weird.

It didn't look happy enough for a birthday card so I stamped "With Sympathy" and called it a day.

I...just...don't...know...about this one yet. Some days it seems like it's growing on me and other days I just want to trash it.



Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamps: Endless Creations (sympathy stamp); Inkadinkado (wheat #97205); Rubber Stampede (Crackled Background)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Bundled Sage, Vintage Photo)
ETC: Marvy Uchida (circle punches)


Happy Wednesday! We're halfway to the weekend! =D


~Cynthia

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I don't think this is weird at all. I think the technique is very clever and that it would make a great masculine card as well as a sympathy card.

farmhouse-story said...

this makes a great design! i agree with bonnie, --works for guy type cards in general:)