Today's offering is a scrapbook page based on a challenge over on Shimelle's blog: Make a page with four quadrants and three ribbons.
I found three different papers with green tones and used one of them twice. That started a kind of "diagonal balance" theme with which I totally ran.
I've got flower-type pieces in opposite corners, lines of type in opposite quadrants. I punched out the little circle flowers and popped them up, then adhered them in opposite quadrants. I've got the little name plates for Destination and Travel in opposite quadrants too. And then the photo and main journaling die cut are kind of balanced as well.
The picture is from a trip I took in 2002 when I camped at Little Pee Dee State Park here in South Carolina. The journaling is about rising early to catch a shot of the lake before I continued my trip into North Carolina.
Some of the Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (blue and green cardstock); WeR Memory Keepers (72 Degrees and Sunny: Flower Patch); Jenni Bowlin (Green Crosshatch); KaiserCraft (LaDiDa Collection: Sing); K&Co (Par Avion Adhesive Borders)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo)
ETC: And a bunch of other stuff too. :-)
So a big welcome to my new followers!! I'm so glad you're here! =D And thanks for all the comments!!
Happy Crafting!
~Cynthia
PS: I just saw that this is my 600th post!!!! Gracious, I should get a party for that....or at least a cupcake, right??? ;-)
I found three different papers with green tones and used one of them twice. That started a kind of "diagonal balance" theme with which I totally ran.
I've got flower-type pieces in opposite corners, lines of type in opposite quadrants. I punched out the little circle flowers and popped them up, then adhered them in opposite quadrants. I've got the little name plates for Destination and Travel in opposite quadrants too. And then the photo and main journaling die cut are kind of balanced as well.
The picture is from a trip I took in 2002 when I camped at Little Pee Dee State Park here in South Carolina. The journaling is about rising early to catch a shot of the lake before I continued my trip into North Carolina.
Some of the Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (blue and green cardstock); WeR Memory Keepers (72 Degrees and Sunny: Flower Patch); Jenni Bowlin (Green Crosshatch); KaiserCraft (LaDiDa Collection: Sing); K&Co (Par Avion Adhesive Borders)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo)
ETC: And a bunch of other stuff too. :-)
So a big welcome to my new followers!! I'm so glad you're here! =D And thanks for all the comments!!
Happy Crafting!
~Cynthia
PS: I just saw that this is my 600th post!!!! Gracious, I should get a party for that....or at least a cupcake, right??? ;-)

5 comments:
What a great page! I like the diagonal too! That photo is so peaceful- must have been a good trip!
I love those colours. I think the little arrow strip is really cute and fab 3D circles.
This looks like a beautiful place to vacation. We lived in SC for a few years and I think it's a beautiful state. I love the peaceful picture and the greens and blues as well as the punched flowers. What a lovely way to remember that time.
Hi Cynthia
Fabulous photograph and gorgeous background papers on this page.
Lots of lovely elements and dimension.
I hope all is good with you.
Love Jules xx
great page for such a lovely pic, cynthia! have a great week!
Post a Comment