Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Starting Points Sketch

Starting Point Sketch by HikerCynthia
Starting Point Sketch, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
Today I played along with Shimelle Lane on her Scrapbook Starting Points sketch challenge.

The black and white photo (yeah, it looks weirdly blue here, but in real life it's quite black and white!) was taken when a friend of mine took me to her dad's hunting club.

You know...one of those kinda scary places waaaaaaaay out in the backwoods. Heh heh.

My friend and I enjoy photography and I spent most of my time at "The Property" taking photos of the old house the hunters stay in during deer season. My friend's dad was plowing the land around the house to plant deer food and a garden for people food. ;-)


Supplies:
Paper: American Crafts (Chap collection: Cameron); Graphic 45 (Curtain Call: Tour de France for Eiffel Tower stamp; Botanicabella Collections: Botanicabella Tag--butterfly strip at top); Glitz Design (Olivia Roses--small flower top left); gcd studios (Artsy Urban Collection: Postcard Two for large black circle die cut); Shimelle Lane (Colourful Library Cards freebie); Wedding Style Guide (freebie Cordial download here); Explore tag (unknown freebie--it might have been from Two Peas in a Bucket)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo); Distress Stain (Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw for flower coloring)
ETC: Spellbinders (Nestabilities--Lacy Circles); K&Co (Tim Coffey Cottage Garden Warm Die Cut and Acetate pack--dragonfly); Making Memories (Tiny Alpha Stickers); Studios Blackbird (Ephemera pack--small numbered label); Prima (Calypso Tin--paper flowers); Tonic (Ticket/Tag Punch); Fiskars (1/8 inch punch); The Paper Studio (black brad)

Yeah and pretty much the kitchen sink to boot! ;-)

Putting this page together was kind of fun. Normally, I'm the instant gratification type and I stick to cards, but it wouldn't be a challenge if it wasn't challenging, right?? =D


Thanks so much for stopping by today!!

~Cynthia

5 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Another brilliant layout from you.

Love all the gorgeous elements and the great photograph.

Love Jules xx

Bonnie said...

What a neat place and a great way to remember it! You can CASE anything of mine you want.

madelineas said...

Love the LO great memory for you

Debbie P said...

Your layout is lovely. Great adaptation to Shimelle's starting point.

Carolyn Dube said...

I love how you are clustering things! What a great place to hang out with your camera!