Monday, March 12, 2012

St Patrick's Day

St Patrick's Day by HikerCynthia
St Patrick's Day, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
Saturday is St Pat's Day! I love being able to use those stamps that only see the light of day once a year. :-)

So here's the first card.

About a year ago I saw a crafter make these cool medallion shapes using a small square of cardstock and a Martha Stewart corner punch. They reminded me of a Family Coat of Arms.

And since St. Patrick's Day is all about the Irish in each of us, I decided to go the Irish Clan way with my cards! Yeah, even though my family is nowhere near Irish! ;-)

I cut a two-inch square piece of green cardstock and punched each corner. Smaller or larger squares give a different look. This size gives that chalice look on the sides, which I think is very cool and very Irish!

Then I stamped the clover on a piece of white cardstock and punched it out with a one-inch-square punch. I like that it didn't quite get all the stamped image--as if you're looking through a window.

Then I adhered both pieces and I was done!


Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (green and white cardstock); Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamp: Hampton Arts/Studio g (Irish stamp)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Peeled Paint)
ETC: Martha Stewart (Iron Gate Corner Punch); Marvy-Uchida (one-inch punch)


Where I used to live, the city went all out on St Patrick's Day. Part of the city was closed to traffic and they had bands, games, parades, contests--green everywhere!! Do you have any plans for St Pat's??


~Cynthia

2 comments:

Carolyn Dube said...

Too cool- that was a square and a corner punch? Who would have guessed!!!

Bonnie said...

This does look like a coat of arms or Celtic cross. Very nice! I don't have much of anything for St. Pat's day. We'll have corned beef and cabbage somewhere along the way. I'm not sure if it will be Saturday or not. Maybe I'll think to put on something green.