Monday, March 26, 2012

Sketch of the Week

Sketch of the Week by HikerCynthia
Sketch of the Week, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
I'm back again with another of Shimelle's Challenges:  Scrapbook Sketch of the Week. This time she offered a sketch. This one only took me 2 days to complete!  (**snicker**)

 ETA:  I'm so far behind!  Shimelle just posted another scrapbook challenge today!! =D

I took these photos waaaay back when I was a senior in college. I just never got around to doing anything with them, so I thought they would be perfect for this challenge.

All of the papers are Graphic 45's glorious papers. I just riffled through my G45 stash and picked out what I liked. Mostly they are from the Botanicabella Collection, with a few from the Tropical Travelogue Collection.

All the floral/writing tags are from G45 as well. The three tags I wrote on are from Colorbok and the adhesive border between the photos is from K & Co.

Chipboard embellishments are from K & Co's Sea Glass Words and Shapes Chipboard Box. One of my all time favorite paper/embelly sets.

The fabric stickers for the Savannah title are actually from a blog candy win from Studio Jenn. **Waves Hi and says Thanks to Jenn!!** I used a Brush Marker from Dee Gruenig (Marvy Uchida) to darken the color. Love that you can do that with Thickers!

I added two strips of snippets under the title because I could...and because I had a bunch of empty space up there.  ;-)

The 1991 numbers on the bottom are rub-ons from Reminisce. They did not fight me this time, but surrendered quietly.

I'm still trying to get the hang of embellishments on scrap pages. But the challenges are helping!! My thanks to Shimelle for hosting and posting them!!



Thank you so much for stopping in today! And thanks for your comments on Shimelle's challenges too!! Craft on!

~Cynthia

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow, Cynthia! I love how the photo draws the eye first and then those wonderful tags and the paper.

Carolyn Dube said...

You seem to have the hang of embellishments! This is such a stunning layout- amazing!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Another brilliant scrap page.

Love the papers/patterns.

It must be hard to embellish such a large area .. .. I sometimes struggle with a card front!!!!!

Fabby photograph as always.

Love Jules xx

farmhouse-story said...

beautiful page, cynthia! love all the embellies on this one:)