OK, so over on the Miss Fancy Pants blog, Nic Howard showed a sweet little scrapbook page she had made in 30 minutes. Nic had step-by-step photos and EVERYTHING.
It had these cute banners and some string and some paper. And Nic said I could do it in 30 minutes JUST LIKE HER.
Oh, Nic. You lie, girl.
OK, that probably wasn't nice of me, now was it?
What I MEANT to say was...Oh, Nic, it took me TWO DAYS to finish your "30 Minute Page." ARGH!!!
Ahem.
I really did have fun searching my papers and embellishments to find just the right color or item or little bit of whatever. No, really I did.
The photo...well...funny story--actually TWO funny stories on that. If you look closely at the photo background you might see what looks like a ship, enveloped in fog. That's actually the USS Yorktown and that's not fog--it's RAIN coming across the Charleston harbor, right at me! I took the picture then ran for cover. It POURED for about 10 minutes while the wind blew the rain sideways! I have no idea if that little guy in the sailboat survived or not. ;-)
Second story: When I got home yesterday after running errands, I found the frame that held this photo laying on the floor, face down. I've always hated that frame, so I decided to make a scrapbook page--then saw that Miss Fancy Pants had posted a page challenge.
Perfect!!
I chucked the frame and dove right into making my 36-hour Page! =D
Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (brown cardstock); American Crafts (Chap: Cameron and James; The Classics: Huckleberry Finn; Peachy Keen: Fancy Free); Colorbok (kraft paper)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo, Scattered Straw)
ETC: K&Co (Julianne Adhesive Borders; Tim Coffey Cottage Die Cut Cardstock and Acetate pack; Handmade Ephemera Pack); Scrappy Cat (Background and Texture stamps); Studios Blackbird (Ephemera pack); 7Gypsies (Ephemera Pack); Me and My Big Ideas (Vintage Alphabet Small); Darice (twine); Dymo (Organizer Express); Glue Glider Pro; Glue Dots
PS: Your eyes aren't wonky. I laid the page on a bench outside and the bench happens to scoop, so that made the page bend. I was just too lazy to find another spot. Heh. I think I should be given a little leeway seeing as how this page took 35 hours and 30 minutes longer than it should have. LOL.
Thanks so much for stopping in today! :-)
~Cynthia
It had these cute banners and some string and some paper. And Nic said I could do it in 30 minutes JUST LIKE HER.
Oh, Nic. You lie, girl.
OK, that probably wasn't nice of me, now was it?
What I MEANT to say was...Oh, Nic, it took me TWO DAYS to finish your "30 Minute Page." ARGH!!!
Ahem.
I really did have fun searching my papers and embellishments to find just the right color or item or little bit of whatever. No, really I did.
The photo...well...funny story--actually TWO funny stories on that. If you look closely at the photo background you might see what looks like a ship, enveloped in fog. That's actually the USS Yorktown and that's not fog--it's RAIN coming across the Charleston harbor, right at me! I took the picture then ran for cover. It POURED for about 10 minutes while the wind blew the rain sideways! I have no idea if that little guy in the sailboat survived or not. ;-)
Second story: When I got home yesterday after running errands, I found the frame that held this photo laying on the floor, face down. I've always hated that frame, so I decided to make a scrapbook page--then saw that Miss Fancy Pants had posted a page challenge.
Perfect!!
I chucked the frame and dove right into making my 36-hour Page! =D
Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (brown cardstock); American Crafts (Chap: Cameron and James; The Classics: Huckleberry Finn; Peachy Keen: Fancy Free); Colorbok (kraft paper)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo, Scattered Straw)
ETC: K&Co (Julianne Adhesive Borders; Tim Coffey Cottage Die Cut Cardstock and Acetate pack; Handmade Ephemera Pack); Scrappy Cat (Background and Texture stamps); Studios Blackbird (Ephemera pack); 7Gypsies (Ephemera Pack); Me and My Big Ideas (Vintage Alphabet Small); Darice (twine); Dymo (Organizer Express); Glue Glider Pro; Glue Dots
PS: Your eyes aren't wonky. I laid the page on a bench outside and the bench happens to scoop, so that made the page bend. I was just too lazy to find another spot. Heh. I think I should be given a little leeway seeing as how this page took 35 hours and 30 minutes longer than it should have. LOL.
Thanks so much for stopping in today! :-)
~Cynthia

4 comments:
nice! I love the little flags! I am new to scrapping...learning as I go!
Hi Cynthia
Well I think it was worth every single one of those 30 (plus) minutes!!!
A brilliant finished result.
Love the colours, your fantastic photograph and the great bunting!!
You should be really proud of this.
Love Jules xx
This picture was just meant to be a scrapbook page I think. I love that butterfly as well as the beautiful picture. It was worth all the time it took.
30 minutes- 2 days- about the same thing...that has so happened to me more often than I want to admit- but you have a FABULOUS page from it!!!! Are you going to frame this page and put it on the wall? New frame of course.
Post a Comment