Sunday, February 1, 2015

Tim's Tag Time!!

Hey, hey, it's February!!  And you know what that means, right??

It's time for another tag from Tim Holtz!!

This month Sir Tim created a collaged beauty.  You can see it right here.

And this is my MacGyvered tag take:



My favorite part is the "frame" behind the heart.  Since I didn't have one of those cool industrial sticker frame thingys that Tim used, I took an old key tag--like the round ones you get at the car dealership.  Then I distressed the heck out of it.  I painted it with Brushed Pewter Distress Paint and silver Tulip Paint.  Next I loaded it up with Mushroom Alcohol Ink.  Now it's all gnarly!

I dumped Mushroom AI on the key and the little compass too.  Love that grunge!!!!  =D


Thanks so much for dropping by to check this one out.  I had a lot of fun getting my fingers inky again this month!  I'm so grateful Tim Holtz is continuing this project/challenge.  :-)




Craft on!


~Cynthia

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love that February calendar and the distressed metal! That heart is pretty nice too! You do Tim proud, my friend!

sally said...

You didn't fail me! Your tag is made :-) I'm not getting too excited about this one as I've nothing bar the picket fence DP....let's see what develops!

Sally

farmhouse-story said...

it's awesome, cynthia!

The Nonna said...

How did I miss this??? So awesome!!!