Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!!

Well, it's January first and you know what that means....

Tim's Tag Time!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right!! Tim Holtz is doing another year of monthly tags.  I am so excited he decided to continue this creative endeavor!!  WOOT!

Check out Tim's tag here.


For ONCE I didn't have to go all MacGyver on this one.  But I do use a smaller size tag than Tim does, so I did change a few things. 

Here's my take:


 Sorry about the odd shadows...winter sunlight...sigh.

The numbers have Brushed Pewter Distress Paint on them and they are nicely sparkly--which you can't see well here.  But so much cooler in real life!  ;-)

I dabbed Mushroom Alcohol Ink on one of Tim's stars and I love how antique it looks...like those old mirrors at your grandma's house.

Anyway.  That's it for me this month!  Thanks so much for dropping by and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!


Stay crafty, my friends!

~Cynthia
 

5 comments:

sally said...

As usual I shall be awarding you the " first past the post" award! I've not read the instructions yet but at first glance I'm thinking " not got much " I did make a double journal spread instead so not been idle!

Happy new year & happy crafting

Sally

Bonnie said...

I like yours better! Love the 2015 numbers that look like old metal! Great way to start 2015!

farmhouse-story said...

love the finish on the numbers, cynthia! hope your christmas was wonderful and 2015 is your best year yet!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Stranger alert!!

I am trying really hard to catch up with everyone .. .. but not getting very far :-(

Loving your January tag .. .. just can't believe that it has taken me so long to comment on it!!

It will soon be time for February eeekk!!!!

I hope all is well with you and that 2015 has got off to a good start for you.

Love Jules xx

The Nonna said...

How'd you do that?!! So cool!