Woo hoo!! Once again Tim Holtz has hit his tag out of the park!
As ALWAYS I didn't have most of what he used.
...insert Distress Stain Sprays wailing and temper tantrum here....
And as ALWAYS I just MacGyvered my way to this:
I use smaller tags than Tim does so I didn't have the room for the second word. No problemo! I just added a strip of paper. But ooooooops...I forgot to adhere it UNDER the frosty stuff! Eh. It's fine. ;-)
I used some plastic packaging with a frosty look to it and as Tim did, I ran it through an embossing folder and it became even MORE frosty! So love that look!!
I added a Mirrored Star, coated with Distress Paint in whatever that silver color is called. Tarnished Silver? Yeah, THAT.
The tree is die cut from Grunge Paper. The die is actually supposed to knock all those swirls out, but it didn't like the Grunge Paper. I thought it looked fabulous that way. Pretty cool, eh??
There's a bit of glitter on the tree too.
And on my fingers.
And my clothes.
And the carpet.
And my computer keyboard.
And in my hair, on the mailbox, the TV remote, the neighbor's cat and the Eiffel Tower.
*&@#^%$ I hate glitter.
Merry Christmas, you crafty souls!! =D
~Cynthia
As ALWAYS I didn't have most of what he used.
...insert Distress Stain Sprays wailing and temper tantrum here....
And as ALWAYS I just MacGyvered my way to this:
I use smaller tags than Tim does so I didn't have the room for the second word. No problemo! I just added a strip of paper. But ooooooops...I forgot to adhere it UNDER the frosty stuff! Eh. It's fine. ;-)
I used some plastic packaging with a frosty look to it and as Tim did, I ran it through an embossing folder and it became even MORE frosty! So love that look!!
I added a Mirrored Star, coated with Distress Paint in whatever that silver color is called. Tarnished Silver? Yeah, THAT.
The tree is die cut from Grunge Paper. The die is actually supposed to knock all those swirls out, but it didn't like the Grunge Paper. I thought it looked fabulous that way. Pretty cool, eh??
There's a bit of glitter on the tree too.
And on my fingers.
And my clothes.
And the carpet.
And my computer keyboard.
And in my hair, on the mailbox, the TV remote, the neighbor's cat and the Eiffel Tower.
*&@#^%$ I hate glitter.
Merry Christmas, you crafty souls!! =D
~Cynthia

3 comments:
And a very glittery tag to you too! I always have a giggle with your TH tags, I love to see what your improvisations are each much! Hope Santa sees fit to bring you some of the goodies we always need for this challenge. Have a fun December.
Sally
You are too much, Cynthia! You always have me laughing but not at your projects! This is a FANTASTIC tag! TH watch out! Love the tree and the glitter. I have a love/hate relationship with glitter. But at my age, I'll take all the sparkle that will hang on to me! Stay crafty!
the neighbors cat--so funny:) darling little tag, cynthia! hope you are enjoying this christmas season!!
Post a Comment