Thursday, May 1, 2014

Tim's Tag for May

Yep, it's the first of the month again!  How did THAT happen??!!  =D

And as always, Sir Tim Holtz has created a gorgeous tag to challenge us to get all inky!  Click here for Tim's tag and his step-by-step instructions.

I do have to say....this tag probably took me the longest to make and this tag is probably the heaviest one I've ever done!  =D  Lots and LOTS of Grungeboard!!  (Man, I love the way that stuff smells!!!)  Lots of ink, lots of found things too...


I went with a May/nature kind of theme.  The five is for the fifth month.  If you squint, you can see a calendar behind the 5 with Thursday on the top.

It *is* Thursday, isn't it??

Then I added a feather from my yard and some stars I really did find outside on a hiking trail!  I guess someone was celebrating something.

The heart and the key symbolize my love for the outdoors and all things hiking...the key to my heart.  Get it?  Ha.

The butterfly stamp is...well...for butterflies.  :-)

And the "HERE" piece of paper is for the idea that Tim has of "Remember the Now."

Each Grungeboard piece is covered in paper from one of Tim's paper stashes--Lost and Found.  Then everything got sanded and inked and distressed.  All the metal bits got hit with Alcohol Inks.

FUN, I tell you!!  And I have the inky fingers to prove it!!  =D


Come play along!  There's always so much inspiration flowing from Tim and the other tag makers!!

Thanks for dropping in!


~Cynthia


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tag!! Love the oval piece with the feather. Karen.x

Anonymous said...

Great work ! Especially the key is gorgeous, and i love this butterfly stamp :) Lisa.

toni said...

Great tag! Love the nature theme x

Tapeva said...

Love your take on the tag...it´s light, kind of "ready to fly away", even the colours "flyable" :)

farmhouse-story said...

this is fabulous, cynthia! happy weekend!

The Nonna said...

I am officially the most jealous gal in town!!! I love.love.love. this tag - you are so creative. And also love how you combine your love of creating with your love of nature. You are always such an inspiration. Now - what are you doing for NSD???

The Nonna said...

Also... glad to see you didn't blow or float away!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

A gorgeous tag .. .. loving all the separate elements and textures.

A heavy tag eh? That means it has to go on a hefty pressy! I wonder who will get that .. .. or do you do something else with all of these lovely tags you make?

Have a lovely weekend.

Love Jules xx

Bonnie said...

I was thinking yesterday that it was time for you to do another tag. Then the day flew by and I'm just now coming to see. I love these colors and all the things of nature that you added. A beautiful tag that needs to be displayed!

We got 2" of rain, not the 5" they said. Probably a good thing as the areas that got all the rain flooded! I'll take what we got. And no strong winds or tornadoes. Blessings abound!

farmhouse-story said...

the stars and feather additions are so cool:) great tag!