Happy February 1st!
Er.
I mean THIRD!! ;-)
Yes, I'm a bit behind, but I was out of town and then had a day to recover from being out of town and now I have a day to....that's right....create Tim's February Tag!!!! =D
And, as ALWAYS, I've done nothing like Sir Tim did. Basically because I don't have the sweet warehouse o' stuff that he has! HA!
But here's my take...
Taken in the sun and everything!!
I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil for the background, using Distress Inks in Worn Lipstick, Barn Door and Fired Brick. I dumped clear embossing powder over that. I may have waited just a teensy bit too long on that step--the mottled texture of the melted powder is so cool though!! I scruffed the edges and added Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
Then I made the heart. I used a Grunge Board heart and Ice Stickles.
For the "sentiment" part I stamped three stamps using VersaMark, then scribbled with chalk. Love that technique!
The arrow is wood veneer covered in Brushed Pewter Distress Paint.
And the border is a Die-namics Faux Crochet Border die cut from HVAC silver tape. Love that stuff. ;-)
Finally I added a bit of crinkle ribbon (seam binding, Walnut Stain Distress Ink and water.)
And there ya go! Another tag done!!
Be sure to stop by Tim's blog--there are many talented Tag Makers out there!!
~Cynthia
Er.
I mean THIRD!! ;-)
Yes, I'm a bit behind, but I was out of town and then had a day to recover from being out of town and now I have a day to....that's right....create Tim's February Tag!!!! =D
And, as ALWAYS, I've done nothing like Sir Tim did. Basically because I don't have the sweet warehouse o' stuff that he has! HA!
But here's my take...
Taken in the sun and everything!!
I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil for the background, using Distress Inks in Worn Lipstick, Barn Door and Fired Brick. I dumped clear embossing powder over that. I may have waited just a teensy bit too long on that step--the mottled texture of the melted powder is so cool though!! I scruffed the edges and added Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
Then I made the heart. I used a Grunge Board heart and Ice Stickles.
For the "sentiment" part I stamped three stamps using VersaMark, then scribbled with chalk. Love that technique!
The arrow is wood veneer covered in Brushed Pewter Distress Paint.
And the border is a Die-namics Faux Crochet Border die cut from HVAC silver tape. Love that stuff. ;-)
Finally I added a bit of crinkle ribbon (seam binding, Walnut Stain Distress Ink and water.)
And there ya go! Another tag done!!
Be sure to stop by Tim's blog--there are many talented Tag Makers out there!!
~Cynthia

4 comments:
Love that "metal" arrow and the wonderful heart, and how the sentiment and heart are hanging off the tag and that punched edge! Great job as always!
Hi Cynthia
.. .. and a fantastic tag it is too!! Love it!
Wouldn't it be amazing to play in Sir Tim's warehouse .. .. even for just a day!!
Hope you are having a good weekend.
Love Jules xx
very cool tag, cynthia! the grunge board heart is too cute! hope you are having a great weekend!
I love.love. your tags!!! So wondering: What do you do with them? (Is that a weird question?!). I've always had a love of tags and everytime I see yours I just heave a great big sigh!
Also, I love that VersaMark/Chalk technique too! I haven't used it in a long time so now I'm going to!
Post a Comment