Friday, March 8, 2013

Put a Rabbit on it

Put a Rabbit on it by HikerCynthia
Put a Rabbit on it, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
Well, goodness!! It's been a few days since I last posted. I didn't mean to be gone so long, it's just that I've been busy making STUFF!! =D

And here's one of those creations! This week's Cue Word over at CASology is BUNNY. But, as you can plainly see...this ain't CAS. LOL!

I had fun making this crazy Easter basket. It all started with the Tim Holtz/Sizzix die cut bunny rabbit. I used it for March's tag and I loved the look. But I wanted it in CHOCOLATE.

So. Chocolate bunnies are now everywhere. ;-)

I stamped the basket and fussy cut it out, distressing the edges with a bit of ink.

Then I punched the eggs. (No, I don't have the blue-sized plain oval punch. *sigh*)

I used a stencil and some glitter spray to color them. I hand cut some grass too. And I made a banner for an added touch.

The end.


Supplies: Bazzill (kraft, green and cream cardstock); Recollections (ivory card blank); white paper for eggs
Stamps: GinaK (Easter basket set); Craft Lounge (Prayers and Blessings set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Gathered Twigs); Heidi Swapp Color Shine (Teal)
ETC: Marvy punch (scalloped oval and square); Tim Holtz (rabbit die cut); unknown paper stencil


I've been having so much fun making chocolate rabbits that I've forgotten to make St Patrick's Day cards! Better get to it! Do you think St Patrick loved chocolate bunnies?? Hmmm....

Have a great weekend!!!


~Cynthia

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is fantastic, Cynthia! I love the basket and that chocolate bunny! Mmmm mmmm!

farmhouse-story said...

love it,cynthia, and i'm sure st pat loved choc. bunnies:) have a great weekend!!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Pleased to hear you are keeping busy .. .. time does fly when you are having fun!

Great project

Chocolate bunnies .. .. mmmmmmmmmmmm! LOL!!!

I hope you have had a lovely weekend.

Love Jules xx