Thursday, March 21, 2013

Rabbit in the Grass

Rabbit in the Grass by HikerCynthia
Rabbit in the Grass, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
I got this idea from Julie over on Paper Trufflez. And while it's not exactly the same as her card, I think this one is so cute!! ;-)

Super easy too. I brushed some blue Distress Inks on a white cardstock panel to create the idea of sky--you can barely see it in this picture, but in real life it's quite pretty.

I stamped the rabbit and cut him out, giving him a bit of shine with a gel pen on his eyes and nose. Then I stamped and colored the egg.

The grass is hand cut.

So SO want the die cut Julie used!! (She has a great video showing how she made the card...here.)

Then I just stuck everything on. The egg and the bunny rabbit are adhered using Pop Dots.


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank); Bazzill (green cardstock); Neenah (Solar White cardstock)
Stamps: Pink Cat Studios (Limitless Limbs set--egg); We R Memory Keepers (Cotton Tails: Some Bunny set); Studio G (Easter stamp)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot, Tumbled Glass, Broken China); Tim Holtz Distress Pens (to color the egg)
ETC: Spica Atyou (sparkly pen); EK Success (Pop Dots)


And that's it for me! I'm taking a few days off here so I won't be around probably until next week some time.


Stay crafty, my friends! =D



~Cynthia

3 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Remember me??!?!? LOL!!!

Sorry for being a stranger :-(

I am treating myself to a little blog catch up whilst snuggled under the covers with a mug of coffee. The radio playing and telling us all not to leave the house unless you really have to because of all the snow that is falling .. .. my kind of day LOL!!!

Loving all the makes you have posted since my last visit and the little rabbit on this one is super cute.

Hope all is good at your end.

Have a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Bonnie said...

Who needs a die when you can cut grass like that! Cute, cute, cute!

farmhouse-story said...

really sweet card--i watched the video-loved it-tfs:) happy easter!!