Monday, March 4, 2013

CASed Birthday Card

CASed Birthday Card by HikerCynthia
CASed Birthday Card, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
I kinda/sorta CASed this beautiful card by Ann at KingstonMamaCrafts. You can see I used her layout, but totally made it my own! =D

I ran a 2/3rd sized panel through an embossing folder, die cut the butterflies and stamped the sentiment.

Easy peasy!

The most difficult part was trying to find an ink that matched the die cut butterfly paper. Of course, I should have known Tim Holtz and his magic Distress Ink would save the day! It's almost an exact match!! :-)



Supplies:
Paper: Neenah (Solar White cardstock); Recollections (white card blank): snippet (I think it's BoBunny.)
Stamp: Stampin Up (sentiment)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Shabby Shutters)
ETC: Memory Box die (Vivienne Butterfly and Darla Butterfly); Cuttlebug (Victoria ef); Glue Glider Pro; Zig Two-way Glue


Thanks so much for dropping by today. I hope you have a wonderfully crafty Monday!!

~Cynthia

5 comments:

Pia said...

beautiful card
hugs Pia

farmhouse-story said...

so very pretty, cynthia!!

Bonnie said...

Wow, I tried and tried to leave a comment and couldn't. Finally went to Explorer and now I'm in. Don't know what's going on. Anyway, Ann's card is gorgeous. But this is double gorgeous! Love that butterfly and the partially embossed vines it's resting on! WOW!

Cynthia said...

Sorry, Bonnie! I changed the way the comments page works. I'll change it back. Let me know if the problems continue!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Very beautiful!!!

I love this very, very much.

Hope you have a good day.

Love Jules xx